After a two-year journey of different Thanksgiving hotel stays near Mosinee to visit my son's in-laws, my third-year stay was the best! Unknown to me before, I cannot praise it enough! I stayed with my 97-yr-old Dad in decor that was comfy northwoods - bear motifs, roaring fireplace in the cosy lobby, inviting pool & hot tub area not overrun by young hockey players. This "chain" does not feel like one but more like a high end boutique hotel. VERY pleasant staff. First time I'd ever seen smart individually-wrapped breakfast treats rather than a buffet of overcooked food that was largely wasted. Smart hotel proprietors! Calm, fun atmosphere - even Santa stayed there & stopped by to say hello during breakfast! Cost was LESS than big chain hotels I'd stayed in past two years. Will stay here again & again in future!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center is a family and business friendly hotel located just outside of Wausau, WI in the cozy neighborhood of Rothschild. The hotel is located near the Granite Peak Ski Area and has a reputation as one of Wausau’s best hotels. The hotel offers everything that you need for a pleasant stay, including cozy rooms, free breakfast, and Internet access. Our hotel is a unique destination with a "Northwoods" themed decor that is suited for business and pleasure alike. Bring your family along to enjoy our indoor Wilderness Park swimming pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Odigeo, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Wausau reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stoney Creek Inn Wausau Hotel Rothschild
- Stoney Creek Hotel Wausau