“Very satisfied with the stay!”

Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Wausau
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Rothschild
Reviewed May 23, 2011

We will definitely stay at Stoney Creek again if we are in the wausau area. Very helpful staff, excellent rates, and the breakfast was wonderful. I give them 5 stars, very happy with our stay! I'm glad we didn't stay across the street for 30 dollars more a night!

• Stayed: May 2011
There are newer reviews for Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Wausau

Reviewed May 15, 2011

Rooms were quiet, well maintained and clean. Staff was pleasant and friendly. Rates were exceptional. Mattress was very comfortable. Heating/cooling unit was sufficiently quiet.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed May 4, 2011

I just spent 4 nights at this hotel. My brother lives near here and my parents and I went to visit. My brother gets a discount because his company uses this hotel for their work a lot so the price was fabulous! However, even if he didn't get the discount, the pricing is very good for what you get.

We stayed in a room with two double beds. On two different nights we had one of my young nieces stay with us in the room and it wasn't a problem. We also had a group of about 8 people there in the breakfast room one evening for pizza and then swimming.

My only complaints would be about the swimming area being too hot and that they don't switch up the breakfasts at all. They had the same thing all 4 mornings we were there. They were good but nothing special.

• Stayed: May 2011
ConcernFixer, Director of Corporate Support Services at Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Wausau, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2011

Dear Tip,
Thanks so much for sharing your experience with Trip Advisor. We are most appreciative of your kind words and that you made the effort to share. I am very happy to tell you that we will soon be implementing a new improved breakfast selection that changes up the daily hot offerings and is designed to improve the experience of guests such as yourself who stay more than a day or two. We will share our comments regarding our pool area with maintenance and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to your brother.

Reviewed April 11, 2011

I have stayed here several times myself and I hold an annual conference in March of every year. The results are the same and that is why we keep coming back. Rooms and clean and kept updated. Staff is helpful, friendly and courteous. The Northwoods atmosphere is unique and relaxing. I have been using this for 7 years running for our conference. Our conference attendees are always happy. It has a clean, well maintained pool area as well.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed April 1, 2011

Very nice place, friendly staff, delicious breakfast, reasonable price of $71 + taxes, which included 1 week parking and shuttle service to and from CWA. Nice to spend some time walking around the mall. Beautiful furnishings, clean, and efficient.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 12, 2011

Loved the feel of Stoney Creek Inn, It has that rustic look while still providing the amenities needed for business.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
ConcernFixer, Director of Corporate Support Services at Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Wausau, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2011

Thanks, Billbraskie, for submitting a review of our property. We love business and leisure travelers equally and are glad you felt the way you did and took the time to share. We hope to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed January 29, 2011

It was a very good hotel. It seem clean and the staff was very friendly. We had no real issues. It was quiet and comfortable.
Now I will nit-pick on why it can't get 5 stars in my book:
We got a good discounted rate but I think I would have felt oversold if I would have paid the regular asking price.
The shower needs updating. The showerhead was very weak.
The location is right by some sort of power plant; it takes away from the feel of the Wisconsin vacation.... but most of the hotels are bunched together here so you probably can't avoid that easily.
Breakfast was not very good. The eggs were inedible.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rothschild
Grand Lodge Waterpark Resort
Best Western Plus Wausau-Rothschild Hotel
Hampton Inn Wausau
Hampton Inn Wausau
#2 of 11 in Wausau
Days Inn & Suites Wausau
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Wausau
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Wausau-Rothschild

Been to Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Wausau? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Wausau

Address: 1100 Imperial Ave, Rothschild, WI 54474-7956 (Formerly Stoney Creek Inn Wausau)
Location: United States > Wisconsin > Rothschild
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Rothschild
Price Range: $97 - $123 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Wausau 2.5*
The Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center is a family and business friendly hotel located just outside of Wausau, WI in the cozy neighborhood of Rothschild. The hotel is located near the Granite Peak Ski Area and has a reputation as one of Wausau’s best hotels. The hotel offers everything that you need for a pleasant stay, including cozy rooms, free breakfast, and Internet access. Our hotel is a unique destination with a "Northwoods" themed decor that is suited for business and pleasure alike. Bring your family along to enjoy our indoor Wilderness Park swimming pool. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and Agoda so you can book your Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Wausau reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Stoney Creek Inn Wausau Hotel Rothschild