We purchased a Groupon for this location because of the great reviews about the Grande Lodge. We decided why not have a little vacation with the family. We checked in about 6PM on Friday 2/11. It wasn't listed anywhere on the Groupon site that we needed to provided another documentation of the confirmation, even though the code was listed on the reservation. So because this wasn't noted upfront, we asked for the hotel manager to inquire about this policy. The manager was a pompus arrogant,rude non-friendly, smart-mouth little man, who quickly walked pass us without ever greeting us and shouted as he was walking way "those are hotel policies". He was so quick that all we saw was the back of his head. This was the worst customer server we had ever experienced checking in and we both travel often. It is no wonder why this hotel isn't listed as a star hotel due to it's lack of customer service. The room was very sorry looking, cheap, the bathroom size was a joke. You literally had to stand in the shower in order to shut the door. You could hear every one walking and talking outside your door, funny thing is we were placed right next to the elevators, so imagine the noise of screaming kids at around 1 AM. There was no room services and the kitchens closed at 8PM, yet the bar stayed open later. It's amazing how much they were charging for the mediocre room we were staying in, I'm just glad we visited this sorry place for what we had to pay. Definitely will NOT recommend this place to friends or family, I would not want them to waste their time or money here, there are way too many nicer places in Wisconsin that they could room with than this place. It was a shame, we had very high hopes for this place. If I could give this hotel a zero rating I would.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Lodge Waterpark Resort is a hotel located just outside of downtown Wausau, WI in the cozy neighborhood of Rothschild. The hotel is located near the Granite Peak Ski Area and has a reputation as one of Wausau's best hotels. The hotel offers everything that you need for a pleasant stay, including cozy rooms,food service, and Internet access. Our hotel is a unique destination with a "Northwoods" themed decor that is suited for business and pleasure alike. The Grand Lodge is home to one of Wisconsin's most exciting waterparks - Logger's Landing. This 50,000 square foot fun zone is full of excitement and adventure for the entire family. The Grand Lodge is one of the area's premier hotels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Lodge Waterpark Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Lodge By Stoney Creek Hotel Rothschild
- Hotel At Cedar Creek
- Lodge At Cedar Creek
- At Cedar Creek Rothschild