“Cannot get better”

Grand Lodge Waterpark Resort
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Rothschild
“Cannot get better”
Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

We reserved the standard room. They accommodated our large group, and upon arrival upgraded us to a fireplace suite. Was a great room. The guest services was exceptional. No matter what you might forget, they have it, at NO CHARGE. The staff is overly friendly and helpful. The hotel rooms and water park are very clean. The only negatives were the on site restaurant is lacking, in service and in taste. Also, the shower area in the locker rooms, in the water park, are getting very worn. They looked gross and I was thankful we had a room so we didn't have to shower there. All in all, a perfect stay. Thank you Grand Lodge!

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

Clean rooms tho the pillows were not comfortable. Nice water park for the entire family. Frontdesk was nice to me. The manager & event coordinator do not return calls if you have questions before you arrive - new management needed that care about those staying (sounds like a fun job to me) WiFi kept cutting out. They have a weekend brunch which is good but not huge only $9 for adults and $6 for kids up to 12. There was a gentleman at the front desk and maintenance man that were helpful. Maintenance worked on a room key reader that was not working on an ouside door right away and it was -10 degrees.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank lindabWisconsin
Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

New, clean, beautiful water park hotel near Granite Peak ski area. We like nice, 5 star hotels, and this place matches any one of them. It's clean, the queen size room is huge, beautifully appointed and furnished, and comfortably accommodated my family of five. The staff is really nice and helpful. Breakfast good enough to fortify my family for skiing, but dinner out of the hotel is a must. The water park is beautiful and fun, whole lodge and water park is much, much nicer than Timber Ridge in Lake Geneva.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Levmur L
Wausau, Wisconsin
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Great water park right here in central WI! I went to watch the grand kids and wished I had brought my swimsuit! Plenty of seating when we were there. Water activities for all ages. Can't comment on the rooms as we did not stay over.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed December 27, 2013

We stayed at the hotel as we were celebrating Christmas with family. There was 6 of us including my 2.5 month old. My husband and his nieces played in the water park all afternoon and had fun while I and my daughter napped as she is only 2.5. At 430 we went down to an empty water park to let her play for maybe an hour before dinner. I am 9 months pregnant and fully dressed and just planning to watch my daughter play. I was told I needed a wrist band. So I headed over expecting it to be free considering I was just watching and the park was empty AND we had already paid for 6 passes. Oh was I wrong, it was $5 for a land lubber pass. What? I asked further as to why they charge for someone to go and watch, especially when the park was empty. (Don't get me wrong I get it if it were a popular destination and there was a chance that there would be too many people in the pool, but it was empty).

Unfortunately it was apparent that there wasn't any thought to the situation as I was told it is the policy of the park. Too bad it just makes the park seem greedy to me.

• Stayed December 2013
2 Thank Okeefekk1
Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

Bed was comfy, room nicely decorated and spacious. Water pressure was heavenly and the breakfast was great! Their cheese omelets actually had flavor unlike the kind you receive at at Holiday Inn. My favorite part was the yogurt bar with fruit and granola. I would stay here again.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Celia P
Shell Lake, Wisconsin
Reviewed November 6, 2013

This was a great choice to stay the rooms were nice and had joining rooms for a family birthday celebration. Our grandson loved the water park. The staff was great and very nice.
We would chose this Grand Lodge again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rothschild
Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Wausau
Hampton Inn Wausau
Hampton Inn Wausau
#2 of 11 in Wausau
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Wausau-Rothschild

Been to Grand Lodge Waterpark Resort? Share your experiences!