We stayed here for 4 nights when visiting family. We love this hotel. We stayed in the Queen loft. The room was huge. We are a family of 6 and love that they can accommodate all of us in one room. Plus they allow dogs. The main floor had two queen beds and a queen pull out couch. There was a bathroom, refrigerator and microwave. It had a fireplace and two televisions. The loft had a desk and a chair with an ottoman. It also had a bathroom which was great to have with a large family. We wish they had a tv up there but I guess it is used as an office.
The lobby is wonderfully decorated. We love the theme of the hotel. Even the elevators are painted in a fun way. There is a gift shop in the lobby. Needed to buy my nephew a bathing suit and the prices were very reasonable.
We loved the water park. We arrived on Wednesday so only one day without the water park. I wish the park was opened everyday but this time it worked for us.
Breakfast is included during the week and is wonderful - many choices from yogurt, cereal, toast, fruit, eggs and sausage. You have to pay on the weekend but it is not that much. There are more hot choices on the weekend.
We just love everything about this hotel. We had some issues with the smell of smoke in our room from the fireplace and they immediately came and moved our room. Very friendly staff. Will make sure to come back every year when we are in town.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Lodge Waterpark Resort is a hotel located just outside of downtown Wausau, WI in the cozy neighborhood of Rothschild. The hotel is located near the Granite Peak Ski Area and has a reputation as one of Wausau's best hotels. The hotel offers everything that you need for a pleasant stay, including cozy rooms,food service, and Internet access. Our hotel is a unique destination with a "Northwoods" themed decor that is suited for business and pleasure alike. The Grand Lodge is home to one of Wisconsin's most exciting waterparks - Logger's Landing. This 50,000 square foot fun zone is full of excitement and adventure for the entire family. The Grand Lodge is one of the area's premier hotels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Lodge Waterpark Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Lodge By Stoney Creek Hotel Rothschild
- Hotel At Cedar Creek
- Lodge At Cedar Creek
- At Cedar Creek Rothschild