Grand Lodge Waterpark Resort
$86
$93
$98
Country Inn
Days Inn & Suites Wausau(Wausau)(Great Value!)
$69
$129
$77
$113
Hotels.com
$67
All reviewswater parkgrand lodgelazy riverall agessnack barbreakfast buffetlife guardswaterpark resortperfect sizepizzawisconsin dellslarger slidesa lot of funspring breakpull out couchqueen loftthe grill
Reviewed October 10, 2011

Top notch all the way. Felt like a brand new hotel. Accommodations were excellent, quality throughout hotel and our room. Comfortable bed and bedding. Large, flat screen cable television. Week days had an over-the-top continental breakfast included. The only thing I did find disappointing was that the breakfast was not included on the weekend. First hotel that I've stayed at where it was included in room rate except on weekends. In this case, I would have preferred a bit less on the weekday so we could have something on the weekend. The breakfast they did offer was a buffet which was too expensive for a family of 4.

Water park worked for us because we had a small child (2yrs) and she would not have been able to do a lot of the big stuff they offer in the Dells area. Game room prizes leave a lot to be desired and games seemed to malfunction at times. Watch your ticket count.

Room Tip: Rooms on lower level are on same level as game room and water park, lobby is on floor above it.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 24, 2011

Our family had a great weekend here- when setting our vacation budget, we had no idea we'd be able to afford such a nice place.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 5, 2011

We had a great time. They have a very helpful and accommodating staff! Did their best (and succeeded) so our family's room could be next to each other on a full night. Friendly and nice every time (this was our second stay and we had 3 rooms) Managers Brian and Dave, along with Melissa at the front desk - Exceptional!

We'll be back!

Room Tip: Just ask, if they can - they will, from upgrades to late check-outs.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 25, 2011

My disappoinment started right away at check-in. I was charged an additional amount for a waterpark pass I didn't ask for. I also did not receive wrist bands for Sunday. We checked in on a Friday and were leaving on Sunday. The woman who checked us in could not show that I was credited the extra amount for the waterpark pass. While at the park Friday night the life guard seemed more interested in the weather outside than actually doing his job. He kept looking down at the gground and pacing back and forth rather than watching the childen in the pool. Saturday afternoon we came back to the room to find wet towels still in the bathtub. A towel was left on the night stand as well. The beds were made so I know housekeeping was there. When I called down to the front desk to let them know I was told they have towels at the front desk and I could come and get them. I thought this RUDE. I am paying for the service of having towels in my room. Upon check out the extra charge was no taked off and the front desk worker seemed to not believe me that I did not use the 5th water park pass or that I did not even receive it. I told her I only used 3 of the 4 passes as the 2 extra guest in my room were elderly and did not use the waterpark. I come to the area a few times a year to watch the kayakers. I spent maybe 6h hours total in the waterpark. Not worth the extra money. Poor customer service

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Michelle S
Reviewed August 22, 2011

My college friend from years past invited my daughter and I for a 16th birthday party for her daughter and some friends. We had a great time. The rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable. We had no complaints...just a great place to stay. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends