Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Wausau-Rothschild
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Rothschild
Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

Our King Jacuzzi suite was nice and spacious. The bathroom was larger than a standard hotel which was nice. Everything was in good condition, but it was clear they are doing some ongoing work on the rooms as the bathroom shower/walls/sink/floor were mismatched. Not a big deal to us, yet notable as this may bother others.

Our only real complaint was that there was hair visible on our sheets when we peeled back the covers upon arrival. We called the front desk and asked for new sheets and they promptly sent someone to change the sheets. The clerk assured us they had been changed when the room was cleaned, and deeply apologized. I could tell that was probably the first time she'd had a complaint like that because she seemed totally shocked and humiliated by the call. It wasn't a big deal to us, especially because it was handled so well.

The pool/hot tub/ baby pool area in this hotel is HUGE. Certainly family friendly. There are poolside rooms that open directly into the pool area via patio door.

Standard cold breakfast available in the lobby. There is limited seating and it was packed but the staff did a great job keeping everything refilled.

The restaurant attached had mediocre breakfasts but served great pizza and drinks.

Bottom line: we will stay here again when we are in the area.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
heyroth, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Wausau-Rothschild, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2014

My staff and I want to thank you for staying with us during your time in Wausau. We want to assure you we do everything we can to accommodate our guests. Please visit us again when you are in the area.

Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here two nights and everything wad nice. Check in was smooth. The front desk was always friendly and helpful. The room was clean and the bed comfortable. We didn't hear anyone else which is super nice because I'm a light sleeper. The tv in the bathroom was a neat touch. The shower was nice, good water pressure.
They had a continental breakfast which was OK but nice that it was offered at all. Most hotels with restaurants don't offer that. We did not go to the restaurant so I can't comment.
We did hit the pool which was a comfortable temperature and the hot tub was nice too.
No complaints, it was a nice stay.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank loves2travel24
heyroth, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Wausau-Rothschild, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

My staff and I want to thank you for your nice comments. We try to do everything possible to create a nice stay. We want to invite you back the next time you are in the Wausau area.

Reviewed January 19, 2014

My wife and I recently stayed here in conjunction with the GrassWorks Conference in the attached Patriot Center. We have stayed here before and are still quite satisfied with the accommodations. We received a nice warm welcome at check in. The rooms are spacious, very comfortable and all amenities worked very well. The bathroom was quite spacious with a great shower and the beds are very comfortable. They even provide a choice of firm and/or soft pillows which make for a very good nights sleep. The continental breakfast is the only weak part of our stay. We have stayed at different Holiday Inns before and have noticed that their continental breakfasts are certainly not their strong point. I did manage to make up some oatmeal and some toast. Maybe they are trying to encourage use of the adjoining restaurant? We were, however, provided with some great snack items and plentiful meals at our conference, so I didn't go hungry. Overall, I would probably stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
heyroth, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Wausau-Rothschild, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

My staff and I want to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We work very hard to make every part of your stay an enjoyable one. A continental breakfast is not normally offered at a full service hotel, but we added this as an extra ammenity for our guests. I am so sorry it was not to your liking. We will strive harder to come up with some different ideas for continental. I do want to invite you back when you visit the Wausau area.

Reviewed January 17, 2014

Rooms are modern, everything is spotless, good location, a real restaurant attached to the hotel (which also does the quick and friendly room service so you don't have to eat anymore ot the typical holiday inn food). BUT, the staff at the front desk seem to have no customer service training.

I was working in the area so I stayed here 3 - 4 times for a total of about 30 days. And anytime that I had to interact with the front desk it was as if I was inconveniencing them.

During my first check in I had to stand there while they finished their personal conversation (what they were going to be doing that weekend).

Another time they had to finish discussing their schedules before helping.

A third time while waiting in the lobby to meet a co-worker , I had to listen to two of the staff complain about a third member who had just left.

And finally, when I called down to inform them that I would have to change my reservation to check out early and then check back in the following week, instead of offering to take care of it the first response was "how are you going to do that" as if it wasn't an option.

So if they train their front desk staff or if you don't have to interact with them, then the hotel is great, but every time I had to go to the lobby it detracted from my stay.

Room Tip: The jacuzzi/fireplace rooms are outstanding.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
heyroth, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Wausau-Rothschild, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2014

Hello:
First I want to thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us. I was happy to see you enjoyed your the hotel as a whole and the restaurant.
I am sorry to hear about your experiences with my staff. I certainly want you know this will be addressed with them.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

We've stayed here for the past couple nights. It is located close (10 minute drive) to Granite Peak Ski Mountain. We are staying with our kids and our 80lb Boxer. The staff could not be nicer. We had requested adjoining rooms which they weren't sure they could accommodate but upon check-in they made it happen. They have been lovely with our dog, recommending a dog park and greeting him. The attached restaurant had a small fire last night so to accommodate guests watching today's football game they have set up a small bar in the lobby. When my husband left his phone in the lobby they called up right away. The pool is fine and the hot tub in our king room has been a hit. Coffee in the room is tasty too.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
heyroth, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Wausau-Rothschild, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2013

My staff and I are so glad you have enjoyed your stay with us. We work very hard to make sure all your expectations ae met. We want to invite you back when the need to travel in the Wausau area arrives.

Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

This Holiday Inn is above average when compared to its sister properties. The rooms were updated and comfortable with all the expected amenities. I had a Jacuzzi suite and the tub was a perfect addition and was very clean and a great soak. The free breakfast is rare at Holiday Inns but this was truly a continental breakfast (no hot items besides toast). The selling point were the running/hiking/biking trails that start right outside the hotel. They run all around the Wassau Mosinee region spanning 104 miles. They have great scenic views of the river and were well maintained and quiet.

• Stayed: September 2013
heyroth, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Wausau-Rothschild, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

My staff and I want to thank y for your feedback. Our mission is to impress the guest and I hope in your case we have accomplished this. We look forward to seeing you again on your travels through Wausau.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

Nice rooms, good location, clean, beds comfortable, only downside is spotty wifi. Clunking along a bit trying to get some work done. Staff is great and helpful. Bathrooms spacious. Will definitely come back!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
heyroth, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Wausau-Rothschild, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2013

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I want you to know I will check with our WI_FI carrier in regards to the problems you had. We want to invite you back for your next stay.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rothschild
Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Wausau
#5 of 11 in Wausau
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#5 of 6 in Rothschild

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Wausau-Rothschild? Share your experiences!