“probably would not stay again”
Review of Motel 6 Rothschild

Motel 6 Rothschild
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Rothschild
fredericksburg va
“probably would not stay again”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I have mixed feelings about this location. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly, and the property itself looks great---much better than the usual Motel 6. However, my room, clearly labeled non-smoking, smelled like an armpit (yuk) and had some leftover hair on the toilet (double yuk). It was late and I was too tired to go through the hassle of switching rooms, so I just suffered through the smell. I'm guessing it was once a smoking room and was never properly cleaned. That's such a shame, given the great look of the location in general.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed October 20, 2012

This is a 2 floor Motel 6 in a more Super 8/Days Inn type setting. They have an indoor pool. They have a hot tub. They have vending machines. The rooms are great. You get the same type of room that you would at a good Super 8 or Days Inn. Plus this is the only Motel 6 I've seen a double room for the same price as a typical Motel 6 room. This clearly was not a Motel 6 before, but for a Motel 6. Rooms were clean. Service was good. The place is near Denny's if you need to have an overnight snack. Bathroom and shower was amazing.

Room Tip: The rooms all seem pretty good here.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank j1069fm
Wisconsin
Reviewed August 19, 2012

This is a fairly new Motel 6 and very nice. Good rates, clean, comfortable rooms, pool and free internet. We do not usually stay at Motel 6 but this is a really nice one! Also conveniently located to shopping and a variety of restaurants. Minutes from central Wisconsin airport.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank thebirdguy123
Wisconsin
Reviewed January 25, 2012

Tried to book this hotel as part of a Granite Peak Ski promotion. At first the hotel receptionist said that the certificate was only for 2 people, then I read the statement on the certificate that said it was good for 4 people. Then she said I would have to speak to Brian but call back tomorrow as he was not in today.
So I specifically asked her if she could "save" a room for me and she said "we have a lot room" and that won't be necessary. So when I called back, I was told that the room had to be booked 7 days in advance and that they were now fully booked. When I asked her why she didn't save the room when I first inquired, she pointed out nonchalantly that I had first called 6.5 days in advance and not 7 days as required by that certificate. Needless to say, they were NOT at all interested in helping me.
Now instead of giving a nice updated review (I am not a fussy reviewer) I have to say USE CAUTION as they have very little empathy following through on any promotions they do. Makes you wonder what other corners they cut if they can't honor a certificate because I called in half a day late.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank 007TravelDog

Travelers are raving about these Rothschild hotels

Wild Rose, WI
Reviewed April 17, 2010

First the price wa $39.99 an add'l $15.00 for one other person. The faucet leaked in the bathroom, no shampoo, conditioner or lotion. The pillows were flat, the walls were dirty and marked up. I didn't notice until the next morning that the inside of my bedspread looked like someone wipped their butt into it. I was disgusted by it I got sick to my stomach, and wanted to take another shower. I told the front desk and they never offered anything except she said she would telling the cleaning person. If you looked out any of the windows there was dog poop. When we were leaving the back door, looked like someone got sick on the building. Even the couple we traveled with said that it had gone down hill, they thought it was noisy. I travel alot and have been in some pretty crappy hotels and this was on the bottom of the list.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
3 Thank WildRose_WIXyz123
Madison, Wi
Reviewed July 14, 2009

We stayed at this property based on price and location. The property seemed well maintained, although certainly pretty basic. There was a nice indoor pool. The rooms again were nothing fancy but clean. Our only disappointment came from the included continental breakfast. The breakfast room was very sparse. There were few tables. The food/beverages offered also were very sparse. There was minimal cereal/donuts offered. There was packets of oatmeal but no hot water. The juice machine was not working so juice was offered in a pitcher that was not always refilled on a timely basis. Coffee was brewed elsewhere and refilled in carafes. We did not expect a full breakfast or anything fancy, but everyone staying at the hotel had the same impression. I did overhear the front desk telling someone that the property would be changing to a Motel 6, so maybe they were already transitioning. Needless to say, we only stayed one night of the 3 we were going to stay.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank toto1234
madison, wisconsin
Reviewed December 29, 2006

The staff here was excellent. Very friendly and accommodating. We wanted a whirlpool room. When we checked in, the nice lady at the front desk said she'd give us the one down the hall a bit, as it's "less noisy" than the one near the pool and entry door. I told her we'd like as quiet as possible. (I'm very noise sensitive).

The room was extremely clean and pretty nice. Not huge, but plenty adequate. I was pleasantly surprised to see our own microwave and refrigerator. The tub was a bit smaller than we would have preferred, but again, plenty big enough. The whirlpool was excellent.

While in the whirlpool which was quite loud when running, we could hear people trampling above us. Normally whenever I stay in a hotel, I request a floor with no one over me. Wanting a whirlpool room, I forgot about this. I also doubt there were whirlpool rooms upstairs anyway. The noise of people running, walking, whatever they were doing, continued throughout our long time in the whirlpool.

After that, we watched some TV and just tried to relax. Just what was going on in the room above us remains a mystery, but it sounded as if people, probably kids, were literally walking/running back and forth quite often. I was willing to tolerate this early in the evening, but as time wore on I was increasingly concerned about sleeping in this racket.

At 8:30 I phoned the front desk and asked if there was a curfew and told her what was going on. She was very polite and said she'd call them upstairs about the noise. This helped for awhile.

By 9:45, I had again endured much more noise from upstairs, so I called to see if we could move to an upstairs room. I spoke to the same person who again was extremely polite and tried to be accommodating, but told me they were quite full (this is a large ski area) and that curfew was 10pm, which at that time she would go up near their room to listen and if they were still noisy would kick them out!

Around 10 it was quite, but started again, but not as bad to around 10:30. By then, we were in bed with our earplugs in, and we didn't hear anything from the room upstairs but some doors slamming and hallway noise.

Overall, this is a nice hotel that is extremely clean and has a very friendly and nice staff, but if you like rural quite and/or are sensitive to noise like me, you might want to stay somewhere else. Next time, I will.

• Liked — cleanliness
  • Disliked — noise
  • Tips/Secrets — if your ok with lots of living noise, it's a nice hotel
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank peacefulstayer
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rothschild
Econo Lodge
#7 of 11 in Wausau
Quality Inn Wausau
Quality Inn Wausau
#8 of 11 in Wausau

Been to Motel 6 Rothschild? Share your experiences!