“Invisible?”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 3, 2012

Walked in and waited by hostess desk for 5 minutes and were never greeted. Two staff were in and out, one appeared to be setting up a table. Neither appeared to ever glance our way. We don't ever mind waiting if someone is truly busy but normally there is a greeting or a " be right with you". Nothing, nada, crickets.....we walked out.

Reviewed February 16, 2012

Chances always reminds me of an "up north" restuarant. Everyone seems to know each other and it has a very homey feel. The Friday fish fry has several options, all of which are very good.

1  Thank Emlg11Milwaukee
Reviewed January 7, 2012

Not having been here in a while, we again we tried Chances for dinner. I must say, that the drinks at the bar are fairly good and they are reasonable. But I can tell you nothing has changed since the last bad meal I had there. I thought I would try the ribs and shrimp scampi. They are well known for their ribs. I didn't know you could buy ribs with no meat on the bone, only fat. The pasta had so much salt, you couldn't eat it. And the shrimp tasted like the bottom of a fish tank. Not to mention the shrimp had major freezer burn. No garlic flavor what so ever. And to say the least, the dinner came just like my soup, warm would be an overstatement. I can say the warm bread was very good. For what we paid we could have gone to a little classier place for dinner. Stay away, let someone else take a Chances on this place for dinner.

2  Thank tansandy
Reviewed August 13, 2011

Monday - Thursday 10 dinners for $10 .....good deal. Large helpings

1  Thank Rmangun
Reviewed July 30, 2011

This is a warm & friendly place in an old, historic downtown building. The bar was fun with locals joking along with us, and our dinner was fabulous. We all had ribeyes, with one NY strip, and all four steaks were perfect. The onion soup was unique, with a touch of smokiness from the grilled onions. The tarragon scallops appetizer was small but delicious, and our service was fine. No complaints. Not a fancy place, but no dump either. We will be going back.

1  Thank tristar17