“Finest orchard in Southeastern Wisconsin”
Review of Ela Orchard

Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Rochester
Racine, Wisconsin
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Finest orchard in Southeastern Wisconsin”
Reviewed April 1, 2012

The selection of varieties is extensive. The prices are reasonable and the quality of the apples is fantastic. It's a bit of a drive for me but when I want to make pies or applesauce, I'm on my way. The folks that work there are so friendly.

Visited October 2011
1 Thank Ellen N

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Quaint friendly place who will tell you which apples are for what dish.”
Reviewed October 15, 2011

Smells like apple cider. Cool so bring a jacket. I believe one of the owners is an author who made it onto Oprahs book show. A few movies were made from these books and very popular actresses have starred in them. One of the movies made from her book was, Map of The World, starring Susan Saradon.

Wisconsin
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“An Authentic Small-Scale Wisconsin Orchard”
Reviewed September 17, 2011

Ela Orchard was an unexpected surprise. It is tucked away just west of Rochester on D, maybe eight miles east of Alpine Valley Music Theatre and Resort. There is a modest sign on the north side of the road, turn in and go down a long driveway, around the farmhouse, and right to the door of the Apple Barn.
No glitz here, just a wide variety of apples and pears, plus fresh-pressed cider and honey from their own hives. The owners are there to answer questions. This is not a farm stand with the tourist in mind, but an authentic Wisconsin orchard experience.
If you live in the northern Illinois/Chicago area or south-eastern Wisconsin it is worth the visit. Note, they are seasonally open daily from noon to six. We drove in early, not knowing their hours and they were happy to have us. My wife and I have visited dozens of orchards in Wisconsin and other states and Ela immediately became our favorite.

Visited September 2011
3 Thank WisconsinRidgewalker

Been to Ela Orchard? Share your experiences!