“Great stay!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Country Inn River Falls
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in River Falls
“Great stay!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013

My newly married wife and I decided to stay here with our family who were visiting. As soon as the receptionist heard we were newly weds he upgraded our room for free. We had a great stay. The breakfast is amazing and the hotel is very clean. Very friendly service. Will stay here again

• Stayed March 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Roberts, Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

What a perfect location and hotel to check out for a cold winter afternoon. Nice location close to the Twin Cities. Close to Hudson and River Falls, WI. Family friendly pool and hot tub for hotel guests and local residents can even purchase a punch card for drop in pool visits. Friendly staff at the front desk was knowledgeable about local restaurants on things to do and see in the area!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2012 via mobile

We were very satisfied and happy with our accomodations for our over night stay.
The room was clean and comfortable, and was pleasantly surprised that it was priced so reasonable.
We would definitely stay here again, on our next visit.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Eagle, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Appears to be a fairly new hotel and is under new management. At the time of our stay one could only make reservations by contacting the hotel directly. If you have children attending the local colledge you can get a 15% discounted rate if you ask. They indicated that at some point in the future one could make reservations on line. It's close to the intersections of the 2 main routes that go through River Falls and is relatively close to the college and anything you might want to do in downtown River Falls. The breakfast offerings were limited. The food was good if you liked the limited offering available. It has an indoor pool which was good for our small children.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
CountryInnRF, General Manager at Country Inn River Falls, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write this review for the the Country Inn River Falls. We appreciate your feedback and kind remarks and are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

In response to your concerns - in April of 2012, our owners made a decision to become an independent property and changed the name to Country Inn River Falls. The ownership has never changed and the property has remained under the same management group for almost 2 years.

Currently, we are developing an online booking center on our website which should be available to guests within the next month. Other initiatives taking place include extensive guest room renovations (pictures during this process can be located on our Facebook page), a guest frequent stay program as well as many updates and additions to our breakfast. I apologize for the limited options you experienced with our gourmet hot breakfast during your stay. We have added a selection of hot food items and are now offering fresh coffee provided by a local coffee shop, Dish and the Spoon Cafe as well as fresh pastry assortments provided by South Fork Cafe.

Thank you, again, for the kind insights and we look forward to seeing you next time you visit River Falls.

Bryan Fish - General Manager
Tahlequah, Oklahoma
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

Mixed feelings about this place...
Ok so here is my story. My husband and I planned a road trip from Oklahoma to MN. We wanted to stop at River Falls, WI to visit with his niece. Well I had booked a room at the Country Inn about a week before we left, when we arrived there we got a nice room on the lower floor # 119, as we were traveling with a small dog and was charged a pet fee of $10, which was fine. The total for that room that night was $89.82 As I said the room was fine and we got a good night sleep, so when leaving the next morning I booked the same room #119 for our return trip through the area. Well when we arrive back to the Country Inn that following Friday evening the desk clerk checks the computer and says oh, you are upstairs in room 227. I explain I had booked room 119 and he said sorry they gave that room to somebody else. Hmm, so then we haul all our luggage and the small dog upstairs(my husband is 72 years old), get in the room, my husband is turning on the tv trying to relax, I go to take a shower and notice cigarette burn spots on the sink, the wall paper around the tub is peeling. I take a shower, come out of the bathroom and my husband is swearing at the tv saying only MTV will show on the tv. So I look a little farther into the tv remote system and all the channels are gone but MTV, couldn’t even get the local weather report. By now it’s 10 pm, we are both disgusted and tired. We go to bed. The next morning I try to make coffee and there is an old coffee cartridge still in the coffee pot...yuck! Ok so we pack up, lug all of our suitcases and little dog back downstairs, load the car and go to check out and MAYBE get some coffee. The desk clerk says, how was your stay? I told him EVERYTHING right down to the one channel tv and dirty coffee pot. He says, I’m sorry. I was charged $118.01 for that room.
NOT WORTH IT... sometimes you DON’T get what you paid for.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Valorie H
CountryInnRF, General Manager at Country Inn River Falls, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Valorie,

I am glad that we were able to address all of your concerns during our phone conversation, post review. As I mentioned, I am truly sorry that you had a less than perfect stay and that we did not provide the one-of-a-kind guest experience that we at the Country Inn strive for. We look forward to having you stay with us again when you are in town next. There are many renovations and updates that will be taking place over the next few weeks, including a fresh new look in the bathrooms.

During your next visit, please let us know right away if your remote becomes un-programmed from the cable box, or any other issues may arise, so that we can fix those for you immediately.

Thank you again for the wonderful and helpful feedback. We are always working and striving to improve to become the best that we can be.

Bryan M. Fish
Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

We have a freshman at UW River Falls and have stayed at this hotel four times so far this year. Every time I've called to make a reservation or checked in to the hotel I've been treated like family, the young man that has checked me in all four times is always professional, polite and as far as I can tell remembers who I am which is pretty impressive considering the number of people he must see in a week. The rooms are always clean, which I'm fussy about partly because I worked in hospitality for 8 years but also because I have intense animal allergies. After the last stay when my allergies had become an issue after staying in one of the rooms I filled out a survey of the hotel to suggest they designate some rooms as "animal free" for people like me, the general manager emailed me back in less than 24 hours letting me know he'd made a note in my profile, assuring me they do have animal free rooms for people like me and that they would make sure I was in one next time. This type of attention and care to customer needs is just not found in a lot of places anymore and it is greatly appreciated by this family! The kids love the pool area and the breakfast in the morning. The lady who runs the breakfast is friendly, helpful and kind without being intrusive. Great place! We look forward to our next visit!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Ellsworth, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

Baby shower savior

A friend of mine was having their first baby! They lived out of town and most of the guests were scattered in a 500 mile radius. I called this hotel, and spoke with the manager Bryan. I explained that we needed a room for a couples baby shower on a Saturday for about 30 people. He was friendly, accommodating, and suggested ways he could help. He even offered to allow guest to use the swimming pool for a small $5.00 fee.

When we arrived a few hours before the event the room was set up exactly how we wanted. The staff was so helpful with helping us with small decorations and making sure our guest knew where to go when they arrived. Over all the shower went well and all the guest comments on how nice the room and the hotel was. I would Absolutely use this hotel again for another event!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cottage Grove
Fairfield Inn Hudson
Fairfield Inn Hudson
#5 of 8 in Hudson

Been to Country Inn River Falls? Share your experiences!