“No complaints”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Ripon
Fitchburg, Wisconsin
“No complaints”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Stayed one night for business. The bar snacks and free wine/beer from 4:00-7:00pm was a pleasant surprise. Coffee, hot water, and hot chocolate/tea packets were available at all times in the lobby. Beds were comfortable and the breakfast in the morning met all my expectations for a hotel breakfast. If in Ripon again, I would book Comfort Suites.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Lake Arrowhead, California
Reviewed October 27, 2012

There is not much around beautiful Ripon, WI….This hotel offers large and bright rooms, pool area is large, clean and open “till midnight”. Service is OK – you cannot expect better based on the area. Exercise room isn’t the best one I have seen in my years of travel – three machines from local K-Mart and every single one is falling apart. I guess if you need to be in Ripon than you have only one option – stay at Comfort Suites at Royal Ridges or drive to Oshkosh….

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Aleksandr M
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I'm picky about my hotel rooms. Very picky. This was a nice place to stay with some great in-room amenities: a couch, a microwave and refrigerator and plenty of room. It was clean and the staff was very friendly.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank krommec
wisconsin
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We returned yesterday from a 2 night stay at this motel. We were there for Family Weekend at Ripon college. I had my son daughter and husband, as well as the family dog along to see my daughter. The place is clean enough, if a bit worn in spots. Light between beds did not work and there was literally no outside areas to sit out in. Odd give proximity to the Event hall, which seemingly hosted lots of weddings and proximity to Green Lake. Hotel was more like what you would expect to find on the side of an interstate. Beyind that staff were nice, and even found my sons left behind laptop and calledus ( not going to happen just anywhere.) My biggest beef was the over one hundred a night price tag. In my opinion that's pretty steep for an ordniary motel.

Room Tip: Take the first floor if you have a dog.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Sheboygan, Wisconsin
Reviewed August 29, 2012

By chance, my wife was on business training in Green Lake and I ended up meeting with her in Ripon at Comfort Suites. I'm sure the hotel gets swamped when the adjoining Royal Ridges facility is hosting an event but fortunately, it was nice and quiet during our three-day stay. A big bonus was our dog could stay as well.

Having stayed in many hotel rooms, my wife and I always notice cleanliness first. This wasn't an issue here. There were no parking issues and Walgreen's was less than a block away. This came in handy when we realized we forgot basic necessities. Ripon itself is small so finding late-night dining (without hitting a bar) became an issue. No fault of the hotel, obviously, but something to consider if you're coming to the area from a larger city.

My wife and I enjoyed hanging out in the game room. It was small but it was also nice having the entire place to ourselves. I'm not a fan of communal hotel pools but this one appeared to be sparsely-used, at least during our visit. Some people may enjoy bustling community areas- this hotel appealed to me precisely because it was quiet, yet well-maintained. This would be my first choice if I visited the area again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Hang L
Wisconsin
Reviewed July 24, 2012

We had spent the day in Oshkosh, and were heading to Wisconsin Dells the next day. Since we live north of Oshkosh, we decided to find a hotel in Oshkosh. All of them were either full or too expensive, so we decided to book a room here instead. The place was very clean, comfortable, and quiet. The staff were very friendly and helpful for checking us in at 11:30 at night. I'd highly recommend this place!

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Kirlpamp
Naples, Florida
Reviewed July 21, 2012

We enjoyed every minute of our stay at comfort suites. The rooms are large and clean and the beds were very comfortable. I think our favorite feature was the pool. There is a great kiddie pool which was perfect for my 1 year old. The hot breakfast was delicious and saved us a lot of money since we stayed for a week. We happened to lose the car keys the night before we had to leave, the entire staff helped us look and they found them! Overall, this hotel is a great place to stay...clean, awesome staff and worth every penny. We would love to stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank caramorgan
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ripon
Boarders Inn and Suites Ripon, WI
Hilton Garden Inn Oshkosh
Heidel House Resort & Spa
Heidel House Resort & Spa
#1 of 4 in Green Lake

Been to Comfort Suites at Royal Ridges? Share your experiences!