“WOW”

Knuth Brewing Company
Ranked #2 of 33 Restaurants in Ripon
Description: My name is David Knuth and I am the head brewer and founder of Knuth Brewing Company along with my wife Marie. My brewing roots began years ago with a homebrewing kit my father-in-law bought for me. Brewing quickly became a passion of mine, something that I truly enjoyed. Our motto is "Hand Crafted Artisan Beers". The word artisan refers to someone skilled in an applied art, or a craftsperson. Brewing is definitely an art. We may not be making paintings or sculpting a great monument, but we are creating something unique, from scratch, with our own hands for the enjoyment of all who choose to partake. All of our beers are brewed by hand in extremely small batches to ensure freshness, quality, and flavor. In addition to our brewery we also have our pub and restaurant located right in the heart of downtown Ripon in an old but newly restored building with original tin ceilings, hardwood floors, and really cool architecture. We have a real wood fired oven that we built ourselves to bake delicious artisan pizzas and we also offer fresh salads, paninis, and delicious breads and desserts baked from scratch. There is no better place to enjoy an ice cold Knuth Brew than at our custom made maple bar so thank you for visiting and enjoy the beer!
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Order here often for work, stop by whenever passing through, fresh and delicious! Service is impeccable! Can't say enough about this jem in downtown Ripon! YUM!

Reviewed February 18, 2013

My husband and I were just passing through town and stopped for a bite to eat. My husband had the special Beef au jus Sandwich, which was very good for a cold sandwich. He asked for a side of horseradish, which really perked up the sandwich. It was served with potato chips and a pickle. For dessert, we each had a cupcake from the attached bakery. Mine was Key Lime, and his was Vanilla. Both were very cold, right out of the case, and both has been filled with flavored frosting. The texture of the cake itself was heavy and really good. They were moist and tasty. The flavored frostings were really good, with the key lime flavor being very similar to the pie. All in all, I would recommend this restaurant to everyone.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

I have eaten at Fat Bruce's soon after they open a number of years ago. This establishment is one of Ripon's gems. They have great food, the soup is to die for, and I love their chocolate mint brownies. A couple years ago, they expanded their restaurant into the next building. Even after that, it is a very busy place. It is common to see college faculty, staff and students eating here. Excellent food at a fair price.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

We eat lunch at Fat Bruce's usually once every other week. The service is always friendly. The soup, salads and sandwiches are great. The Cicero salad is my favorite. We also like the chicken salad sandwich. This place is a great value. Grab a 1/2 sandwich and salad for a great lunch.

But, the best part is dessert. Be sure to stop over at the bakery after lunch and pick up a cookie, cupcake or brownie. The best part of the meal!

Reviewed November 4, 2012

Found this on TA and were glad we did. Casual but very good food and no problem for larger parties to eat together. Food menu was healthy and had variety. Service was fast and friendly.
Also next door was the bakery and that is what brought us back for a second trip in one day. Their cupcakes were very good! Will stop again if our travels takes us thru Ripon in the future.