“Great value and Experience”

Starlite Motel Richland Center
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Richland Center
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I was in the area to conduct business overnight and was looking for an inexpensive place to stay.The rate was very reasonable and the staff was very hospitable.Loved the coupon that i received from them to eat breakfast at the restaurant next door.I will be back in the area for business again and intend to stay there.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
MHDistribution, Online Reputation Manager at Starlite Motel Richland Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Dear Wayne W.,
We would like to thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent visit with us. We are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were able to take advantage of the new breakfast option we offer.

We look forward to seeing you again if your travels bring you our way!

Reviewed September 2, 2013

We were traveling on motorcycles taking in small towns on two lane roads. I booked this room through Travelocity. My standard is let the price match the room. If I pay $49 for a room, it will be a $49 room. I paid $90 for this bug infested filthy rat hole. When checking in, another person came in and asked for rates. The clerk told him to wait. Found out he got a $49 rate to my $90 rate. The room was horrible. It had two queen beds set up NOT SIDE BY SIDE, rather a 90 degree set up. The whopping 20" flat screen was mounted near the ceiling and the person in one of the beds couldn't watch it. We were given a room on the back subjecting our motorcycles to less than admirable conditions. This is a hotel taking advantage of Travelocity.

Room Tip: Don't stop.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
MHDistribution, Online Reputation Manager at Starlite Motel Richland Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Dear Ron,
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us. Our rates as a whole vary based on where they are displaying. Our online rates are usually higher due to the added expense of displaying them. The rate you reference at $49 is our no walk rate and was offered for a one bed room for one person. Your rate reflected the two beds, two people that you booked on a travel site. As you travel to various areas, we would like to recommend contacting the hotels directly to see if you can get better deals. We would also hope that you would contact the front desk if you are not happy with your future accommodations. We would have been happy to work with you to find a room that was better suited to your needs if we had known about your displeasure.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Although the outside of the building was old and tired, I could deal with that. But the room had a smell to it, the air conditioner had a controller on it, the under ware I washed never dried, there was only one little itty bitty bar of soap in bathroom, no shampoo, no conditioner, not nothing else. the bed was so hard it hurt. The TV was tiny and way up on the wall so you had to lay flat to watch. The bedspreads needed a good washing. Oh! there was one chair so only one person could sit at the table. The pool, was drained dry and looks like it had never been filled. My My, will never go back and would not recommend it to anyone. Oh, forgot that there was no ice machine, you had to go ask owners and they ice cubes out of their refrigerator.

Room Tip: don't stop
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear James Y,
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us. We would have been happy to address your concerns at the hotel if we had known about your displeasure with the facilities. Our pool has been shut down permanently for a while which is why we don’t advertise a pool at the motel and why you didn’t see it available why you were here. We also like to keep the ice in the office so we have a chance to interact with our guests during their stay and give them the chance to let us know if they need anything during their stay.

We would hope that you would contact the front desk if you are not happy with your future accommodations. Again, we would have been happy to work with you to find a room that was better suited to your needs if we had known about your displeasure.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

The starlite motel is the place to stay in richland center. Just like the sign says they do have the best rates in town. I shopped around and found out quick. It may not be the newest, however it certainly isn't the oldest. They have nice clean and quiet accommodations. What we liked the the most is how friendly they treated us! Not to mention I liked the wifi and she liked the cable.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jim_Cee2013

Dear Jim_Cee2013,
We would like to thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent visit with us. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we were able to help you during your visit. We look forward to seeing you again if your travels bring you our way!

Reviewed June 29, 2013

While the exterior of this motel looks old and tired, the rooms are very clean and well maintained. We stayed one night while traveling through the area on our motorcycle. We enjoy staying in motels where we can park right outside the door. Being on a busy highway, I was concerned about noise, but our stay was quiet and restful. The mattress was very comfortable. The bathroom was "vintage", but clean and serviceable. A nice motel run by nice people.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Heidi K
MHDistribution, Online Reputation Manager at Starlite Motel Richland Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

We would like to thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent visit with us. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we were able to meet your needs during your stay. Many of our guests like the ability to park in front of their room and the security that can provide. We look forward to seeing you again if your travels bring you our way!

Safe Travels!

Reviewed June 24, 2013

This is an older motel. The owners are very nice people and are very willing to accomadate. This motel is a no frills drive up motel perfect for bikers who want to be able to stay near their bikes. If you plan to go to Vetesnik Sports and plan to stay overnight head back to Richland center and stay here. Prices are great too. They do not have a restaurant here.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

We would like to thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent visit with us. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. Many of our guests like the ability to park in front of their room and the security that provides. We look forward to seeing you again if your travels bring you our way!

Safe Travels!

Reviewed June 2, 2013

I can't say enough about the Starlite motel. The owners are very welcoming and accommodating. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. Not only did the owners treat us like family the owner went out of his way to retrieve my coat from an nearby restaurant that was giving me the run-around about sending me the coat. The restaurant was closed the next morning when I realized I had left it the night before when I was packing to leave. I called them about 8 times and repeatedly was told to call back to speak to the owner and no one would send it C.O.D. I didn't know what to do since this coat was expensive, I call the Starlite owner Gary and asked him if he could help me. Without hesitation he went and got my coat and sent it. He even called me to know when I would receive delivery. We will defiantly return to the Starlite.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

We would like to thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent visit with us. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we were able to help you during your stay. We look forward to seeing you again if your travels bring you our way!

Been to Starlite Motel Richland Center? Share your experiences!