“What life saver”
Review of Best Western Inn

Best Western Inn
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Rice Lake
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I don't have any names but the checkout gentleman on Sat. A.M. tried to call me at home but we were traveling on vacation. So he Emailed me and just out of the clear I decided to check my Email on my cellphone to my surprise I had left a bag in the room. Thank goodness I was only 10min. away. That saved me time & money. My humble thanks to your staff.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Best Western Inn

Reviewed August 7, 2013

The Hotel staff was friendly. The check in process was smooth and easy and the room was huge and very clean! I enjoyed the breakfast and wish I would have known about the lounge for an evening drink. Loved staying here.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 21, 2013

The staff is exceedingly friendly and accommodating from check-in to check-out. But other than wonderful staff this is just a tired basic property that is kept clean but lacks much else to recommend it. The bed is okay, but all the pillows are the same--very firm with polyester fill. Our room had a flat screen TV, but no microwave or refrigerator. There is a sink in the room as well as in the bathroom, and shampoo and conditioner are provided but not any body lotion. The hotel claims there is free wi-fi, but it was spotty at best, frequently dropping service and quite frustrating throughout our 2-night stay. The breakfast was okay if you like cereal and/or waffles, but fresh fruit and fresh eggs were lacking. There is a whirlpool, but no swimming pool. If you're looking for a relatively inexpensive and clean place to stay without any of the upgrades which enhance a hotel stay, then this hotel will work for you. But, if you are looking for something more than a tired basic property, look elsewhere.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Lori S, General Manager at Best Western Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Mr. DickZ: Thank you, for your response on your recent stay. We see you missed our breakfast with a fruit assortment, and our egg sandwiches. We hope we were stocked with these items so you could enjoy. Our property offers also, rooms with microwaves, and refrigerators. Upon check-in I'm sorry if these additional room types were overlooked. This room inventory is offered on-line at Best Western.com. We have had many compliments on our room pillows, which are specified for our franchise. These pillows are offered at all Best Western's within the guidelines. Fortunately, our property has an on going improvement plan. We are sorry you feel our comfort didn't meet your needs. Our staff, and property are committed everyday to improve, and serve our guests. We see your stay was for two nights. We would have gladly accepted an early check-out, and found you a property which would have fit your needs. Thank you

Reviewed July 17, 2013

First, let me start this off by saying that Best Western properties were never high on my list. However, this motel is an exception.

Five of us were en-route to Canada and needed a place to stay for the evening. We tried another motel first but the price was too high and that motel was too close to the highway and as a result was too noisy. When we approached the front desk we were greeted with five bottles of cold water and a very pleasant front desk person. We checked in and were pleasantly surprised that the price of the room were $25 less than the motel less than 1/4 mile away and that the hotel was clean, new, and quiet.

The room were excellent. The bedding was above average and the room was exceptionally clean. My colleagues reported their room were in a similar condition.

The hotel also offers a complimentary breakfast that is also well above average

In brief, a great motel at a great price.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 17, 2013

My wife and I stay at this Best Western when we travel to Ontario, Canada. This is in a nice quiet area and is a nice hotel. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The prices are fair. If you stay here take the time to eat at Lehman's Supper club next door. It is a very short walk and the food as well as the atmosphere are great.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 15, 2013

When we arrived to check in on a steamy day, we were greeted at the front desk by friendly staff and ice cold bottles of water. We had a 2-room suite that was huge, clean, comfortable and had 2 bathrooms. It also had a sofa, tables, chairs, a fridge and all the comforts of home. The breakfasts are more than adequate. Pool and exercise room also available. A restaurant is not necessary because Lehman's is right next door and it serves fantastic lunches and dinners. I can't say enough good about this place. We've stayed in high end hotels all over the Country and this one can hold its own with any of them.

Room Tip: I don't believe there is an elevator so request a first-floor room if you are seniors or disable...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 11, 2013

The hotel was immaculate, the staff was friendly and helpful. Breakfast was prepared with our choice. I would definitely stay at this location again. The location was very convenient and quiet. No smoking which we felt was a real plus. We didn't use the pool or hot tub, but folks that did seemed to be enjoying it.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Curriers Lakeview Lodge
Curriers Lakeview Lodge
#3 of 8 in Rice Lake
Cobblestone Inn & Suites Barron

Been to Best Western Inn? Share your experiences!