“No Pool”

Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Rice Lake
Marshfield, Wisconsin
“No Pool”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2012

Got in late to find their pool was under renovation. Walls paper thin, could hear the conversations in the hall way word for word. Had coffee in room which was better than in the lobby. Not a good value.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2012

Enjoyed a comfortable stay in a very clean, quiet room for a reasonable price. Courteous staff. I was invited to use the stairs to access my room on the 2nd floor. I assume there is no elevator, and that may be important for those who need to use an elevator.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Mye-Trip
Lakeville, Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2011

This is the second time I have stayed in this hotel this fall for business. Their staff works very hard but is doing too many jobs. Both times I have checked in I have had to go look for someone to check me in. The second time I checked out, I couldn't find anyone to give my keys to, they are the front desk, breakfast stockers and many other duties so it makes it a challenge to check in or out quickly.

My main issue this last time was the heat was not turned on in my room at all. My room was freezing! It took over three hours on high heat with the door open to the haulways to even get it somewhat warm in my room. It was 35 degrees outside.

They do not have an elevator so if you stay on the second floor, be prepared to haul your stuff up stairs. Breakfast is adequate with a variety: waffles, coffee, cereal and a small amount of eggs and sausage (that has been there for awhile), breads, milk and juice.

This hotel is clean, which is important but nothing fancy. Adequate for a business trip, but it makes you that much happier when you finally get home to your own home.

Room Tip: Ask for a room down a ways from the lobby. They have a bar and pool so it can be a little noisy if...
Mount Pleasant, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2011

This was my 5th trip to this area since April.

Of the 5 hotels that I have stayed in within 100 miles this was by far the best. Not only was my room exceptionally clean and well appointed, the staff made me feel welcome.

When I called the hotel directly before making my reservation the person that I spoke to suggested that I Google reviews as they take pride in their hotel and that is reflected in the reviews.

The reviews were so good that I must admit that I wondered if they had been falsely plugged. If you decide to give it a chance like I did you will be pleasantly surprised to learn firsthand that the positive reviews are well deserved.

I will look no further and will stay here again on my next trip to the area.

Room Tip: The hotel is set back enough from the highway that all rooms will be quiet. There is no elevator, so...
Kimberly, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2011

I loved this hotel i was treated like of the family when i walked in.
For the price i paid for my room it was it so worth the breakfast was jus great next time i am in rice lake i will stay again.

f

Batavia, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2011

My husband and I started staying here years ago just to break up our long journey to northern Minnesota to go fishing each year. This hotel is one of the cleanest in the state of Wisconsin! We stay in many hotels each year to do research for fishing and excursion articles and Rice Lake is now one of our favorite destinations - due largely in part to the Best Western and the friendly people in the area. The breakfast buffet is always good; there is a small lounge where cocktails are served in the evening and the staff is always helpful!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Vancouver, WA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2011

This hotel is just a couple of miles off the freeway. It was clean, roomy, in good condition, and very reasonable. Owner and staff are very friendly. You can even buy a beer in the evening in the quiet lounge. A supper club is next door for a good dinner. I liked it well enough to stay on our return trip home.

Room Tip: A second floor room will let you sleep with the windows open. The area is quiet so no need to have...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Curriers Lakeview Lodge
#3 of 8 in Rice Lake
Americas Best Value Inn Chetek
AmeriVu Inn and Suites - Shell Lake

Been to BEST WESTERN Inn? Share your experiences!