“Good Food”

The Rice Lake Family Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 46 Restaurants in Rice Lake
Cuisines: American
Reviewed March 4, 2014

This restaurant is like a very nice, clean diner. The food is plentiful and filling. The Chicken fried steak is the closest thing I have found since I left Texas. It is affordable and the staff is very helpful and friendly. Just good home cookin. great on a winter day

Reviewed January 25, 2014

Average family restaurant . Prices were decent. Food was average/good, but we arrive pretty late in the evening, don't know if that made a difference or not. Service was fast and friendly.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

Had dinner here. Had the country fried steak & mashed potatoes. There was a salad. The meal was.... family style food. The portions were large & the price was average. The combo appetizer was huge. Service was intermittent. Not a do over for me.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

My girlfriend and I went for dinner one night and the food was horrible besides the appetizer of cheese curds. I ordered the Chicken dinner and it was so dried out and tasted like it had been dehydrating in a warmer all day. My girlfriend ordered the chicken parmesan and it was a joke. They used a plain grilled chicken breast over spaghetti. When we called the waitress over to ask why it wasn't breaded she said she wasn't sure and would ask the manager. The manager and her looked at the menu and said that's the way they make it.(still can't get over that. I've never seen it not breaded anywhere else.) needless to say we have never been back and never plan on it.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

Went for breakfast. I ordered the eggs benedict Florentine. With the hollandaise on the side. I am so glad I did, it was so chemically tasting, couldn't eat it. I mentioned it to the waitress. My husband had the chicken fried steak with the sausage gravy, on the side. His also was very chemical processed tasting... not homemade.
We haven't been in this restaurant since it opened, what a difference.
Although the hashbrown potatoes were wonderful!!!
It wasn't that they were too busy, there was only one other table with a seating of four.
They need to go back to making homemade sauces and food. Short cutting doesn't work.
Could have just been a bad day in the kitchen.