“Cold showers - Staff rude and inconsiderate”

AmericInn Hotel & Suites Rice Lake
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Rice Lake
Neillsville
“Cold showers - Staff rude and inconsiderate”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

I had booked a 2-room suite and 3 other double bed rooms for this last weekend (Easter) for my siblings. This is the 2nd year in a row that we’ve all stayed here for the Easter weekend. Unfortunately, this will be the last time we stay there. Some of us had cold showers both mornings! The cleaning staff was rude. We stayed Friday and Saturday night. On Sat. a.m., while we were all getting ready for the day, the maid knocked on all of our doors about 9:00 a.m. and wanted to clean our rooms right then. Some of us were still sleeping too. When we told her she would have to come back in the afternoon, she complained and said we were the only rooms assigned to her and she wanted to leave as soon as she could and not wait until the afternoon. When she knocked on my door, which was the last room, she didn’t even offer to clean our room. She just asked how many towels and garbage bags I wanted. She never offered to make our beds, so I made our own beds. The same thing happened to my sister in the 2-room suite. By Sun. a.m. we had wet towels piled up since she never came back to take the used towels from Sat. a.m. Her attitude was TERRIBLE and RUDE!!! And with COLD showers! The breakfast was horrible too! We will not be staying there again!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank SandraT774

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

Overall, one of the nicer hotels I've stayed at in Northern Wisconsin. The hotel was very clean and the beds were very comfortable. The wi-fi access was excellent. The hotel is convenient to a number of restaurants, and staff were very friendly. Breakfast was excellent, and I would highly recommend this hotel. For Northern Wisconsin, this qualifies as a 4-star hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

Every other month we rent a conference room at this Motel and absolutely love this place. The staff is fantastic, the rooms are always clean and the staff is amazing! They have a great breakfast spread too!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Lakeville, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

I was pleasantly surprised when I checked in to my room. They have recently updated the rooms, new carpet bedding etc and the room was very clean. I stay in Rice Lake occasionally for business but this was my first stay here. The hotel is on a busy street and I was concerned that it would be noisy. The rooms are very quite though. I was upgraded to a suite, so I have a second room with a whirlpool tub and couch. The bedding is high quality and the bed was comfortable.

I have tried other hotels in town and I definately will stay here when I return.

I few items worth noting: they do not have a work out facility which would be nice after being in the car much of the day. They do not have an express check out. Their breakfast includes waffles yogurt juice etc. The eggs and sausage available was a little old and unappealing. Perhaps earlier in the morning would have been better but you can find other choices to eat.

Room Tip: I stayed in 224. I would recommend the second floor although I am not sure if they have an elevator...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Plover, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2012

I get in the Rice Lake area for business several times a year. I have tried other local hotels and have made this hotel my first choice when in the area. The employees here are true professionals. The rooms are always very clean and the beds/pillows are very comfortable. The updated breakfast area and offerings are a plus. There is also a large pool with a hot tub that makes the stay here even more worth it. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Rice Lake Wisconsin area.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
OlTurk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2012

Stayed overnight in February 2012. Nice clean hotel with great service, highly recommended if your in Rice Lake!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Superior, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2012

This hotel was nice and clean, the staff there are amazing and I can't forget to comment about the breakfast! They had a wonderful selection for a Monday morning. If I'm ever in Rice Lake again..this is where I'll be staying!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Curriers Lakeview Lodge
#3 of 8 in Rice Lake
Americas Best Value Inn Chetek
AmeriVu Inn and Suites - Shell Lake

Been to AmericInn Hotel & Suites Rice Lake? Share your experiences!