“Left with a bad taste in mouth”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Adventures

Adventures
Ranked #1 of 45 Restaurants in Rice Lake
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Dining on a budget, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Left with a bad taste in mouth”
Reviewed November 29, 2012 via mobile

I have eaten here twice before and had good experiences. However the last time I visit this place and left a bad taste in my mouth, literally. We were seated at the very front of the restaurant near the kitchen which was very noisy and it's hard to have a conversation. The noise in the kitchen was disturbing. I decided to try something off the menu I haven't had before and selected the salad with the salmon. It was awful the salmon tasted as if it came out of the can. It was cold it was not fresh. The waitress never came back to ask how the meal was, never refilled our drinks, and she only came over to hand us a check. Skip it. And go to Applebees its right down the road.

1 Thank Celia P

Shell Lake, Wisconsin
“Disappointed”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

We have eaten at Adventures many times and have always been pleased with the quality of the food, but not this time.. I had a bacon cheeseburger and the bacon on the burger was not fresh. The manager was wondering around the restaurant, but did not stop at our table, as he was very busy visiting with just a few of the customers. The decor is done nicely, but it is very noisy and hard to have a conversation with those at your table. To top it off the gal that took our money for the bill did not bring the correct change back to our table. I just think all of the food is overpriced for what you get.

1 Thank Lakerfantoo
Iowa City, Iowa
“smashed potatoes”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

I went to for a late night Sunday meal, the food was very good. I had a steak that was cooked perfect and I really enjoyed the smashed potatoes. The potato was a red potato that was smashed or flattened and then served with green onion and sour cream. I also had a wild rice soup that was very nice. They also served fresh vegtables with the meal, everything was done nicely.

Tucson, Arizona
“Best In Rice Lake”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

The Friday fish fry is amazing. So are the frys that come with the fish. I also had the sausage platter during Octoberfest and it was excellent. Service was great as well. I went here on a recommendation from the lakeside motel I am staying in and they were right, the food is excellent.

Cameron, Wisconsin, United States
“all of it”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Very slow at servers and the food was so bad will never go back there again, drinks watered down what are you people thinking of going there?

Visited September 2012