Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Rice Lake
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Rice Lake
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Great. Enjoyed my stay. Friendly front desk. Nice room. Breakfast was. Okay. Could use better choices on the bar. Waffle machine did not work.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham
There are newer reviews for Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Rice Lake

Reviewed September 24, 2012

This was a last minute stay, we were pleasantly surprised how quiet and comfortable
our stay was. The fall colors and Pumpkin farm down the road made it even better.
Will stay in the future.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham
Reviewed September 18, 2012 via mobile

You get a good size clean room with seating area microwave coffee machine etc. nothing fancy but it's all ok, free wifi and a warm welcome. You won't fall in love with this standard hotel offering but if you want a value for money place to sleep you got it here.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Called and reserved adjoining rooms. Confirmed reservation the day of arrival. Upon arriving at the hotel around 8:30P, was told at check-in that adjoining rooms were not available. We've got 4 kids under 10 so that created a bit of a challenge. We made the best of it in two different rooms. But it wasn't what we'd expected nor paid for.

Talked to the manager upon check-out and asked for a refund for one of the rooms. His reply: "I'll think about it."

My biggest complaint is the lack of proactive communication. They could have let us know when we called to confirm that adjoining rooms were not available. But they didn't. They could have called us any other time and told us before our arrival giving us the opportunity to look for an alternative. But they didn't. Will see if a credit shows up on my credit card -- or we'll dispute the charge.

As for the hotel. It was fine with one big exception -- when I ran a bath for my 2 year old, bits of black gunk (mold?) came out of the tub faucet with the water. #ewwgross

Won't be back.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank geksaa
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Second time at this hotel. Felt mixed after the first time. Now feel a poor rating is appropriate.

The good... Easy to get to location right off of 53. Beds are relatively comfortable. Free breakfast is nothing special, but fruit was fresh and they had a good selection of yogurt, cereal and muffins/bread.

The not so good... Air conditioning is loud and cycles on/off constantly. TV's are old tube style (no HD). Remote control was grimy. Drains in tub and sink ran very slowly = yuck! No lid on toilet seats = high likelihood that something will accidentally fall in (yuck again). Really loud (drunk?) group returned from what we believe was a wedding and yelled/thumped/slammed their way around the floor from 2-3A waking everyone up. Ice machine by elevator was extremely loud -- if you stay, ask for a room toward the end of the hall.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Grodney73
Carl L, Owner at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Rice Lake, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2012

Thank you for your review. I apologize that your stay was anything but satisfactory. Be assured that your comments are being addressed. We will be adding the items requested, in fact some of them have already been added to our hotel. The televisions are approximately 50% installed, and the toilet seats are being installed as I write this. Our A/C Units in the hotel are no different than those in any other hotel, so I'm not sure why you had a problem with it, but I will make sure I personally check on this for you, and any other potential guests. As far as the noise, we try very hard to keep things quiet on the weekends in summer, and I apologize for any inconvenience caused by other guests.

Reviewed August 21, 2012 via mobile

My first time staying at a Microtel. The GM was very friendly and gave us a good recommendation for dinner. Definitely gave a good first impression for his hotel. The rooms are small, but have everything you need. They were very clean as was the entire hotel. I would stay here again if I was in the area.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank netminder_60490

Thank you for your review. We enjoy reading that our guests are happy with our hotel and our staff. I'm also glad that you were satisfied with my recommendation for dinner. It reflects well on us as well as them! We hope to see you again.

Reviewed June 29, 2012

I am unfamiliar with the Microtel chain so I did not know what to expect. Many of the economy Wyndam hotels have poor standards, so I was a bit cautious. This hotel was great. The room was a single- and it was quite small. No frills at all. There is a bed and a desk with chair. "soft" furnishing would include a padded window seat. there is a wardrobe with a TV on top. It sort of reminded me of the cabin in a cruise ship. Despite the small rooms, they were really clean. The fixtures in the bathroom were gleaming new fixtures. The halls were well kept and seemed to have newer carpet and paint. The bedding and towels were of very nice quality. The walls did seem sort of thin. I heard a lengthy phone conversation of my neighbor. I turned on the fan to drawn it out, but didn't completely do the trick. Breakfast was also no frills- but adequate and serving area was clean. Waffle maker, coffee and juice. Fridge with yogurt and milk. There was a big bowl of fruit and a rack of various carbs (breads, muffins, english muffins). Only hot food other than the waffles is what you could put in a toaster. Above average for an economy hotel. I checked out the work out room on the second floor. Gazelle, eliptical and treadmill all worked. Restaurants right across the street. Not fancy but great for a singly business traveler. I will stay again when I'm in town on business next month.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Curriers Lakeview Lodge
Curriers Lakeview Lodge
#3 of 8 in Rice Lake
Cobblestone Inn & Suites Barron

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Rice Lake? Share your experiences!