“Typical food for the area.”
Review of Country Inn

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 20, 2012

Our local friends love this place. I found it dark and the food fine but uninspired and on the heavy side.

1  Thank Nancylind

Reviewed July 19, 2012

The country inn used to be a must go place for us when we went on vacation, a 400 mile trip up north, and a drive still for us from our cabin in Cumberland for many years. A few years ago we started having problems first with a disgusting and fatty prime rib sandwich and the fish not being cooked. So we did not go there last year. I really wanted to give them another shot and kind of insisted on the family going again this year. My mom ordered the halibut and it was not cooked and she was refunded the price of her plate. I had the ribeye and it had a lot of gristle in it. I've never had such a bad steak before. This was no quality choice aged cut of meat that I was served for sure. The salad bar did not disappoint and I still can highly recommend that and the excellent homemade hot bacon dressing. Our bloody Mary cocktails were way to spicy and my mother did not finish hers. I mentioned to the waitress that they were too hot but we never heard back from the owner about correcting our drinks. So in summary things have not been right at the country inn for a while now and with many other choices we will not be back. I was sorry to have put my family through another disappointing meal there.

Reviewed July 17, 2012

We finally checked out the Country Inn and were not disappointed! We enjoyed dinner with another couple and everyone agreed that the food was very good...especially the salad bar. Nothing fancy, but well done in a great north woods atmosphere and the decorated bikini tops at the bar were very funny! Our waitress was very attentive and friendly. I would have given it five stars, but the noise got to be a little too much after a while. I'd definitely recommend reservations because the place was already packed @ 5:30 p.m. We'll be back again, soon.

1  Thank vikesfan1
Reviewed July 14, 2012

The food is excellent and many choices available with a very nice soup and salad bar. Can be a bit noisy as the bar is within the restaurant. but the food is worth it.

1  Thank Med W
Reviewed July 12, 2012

I have not had the experience of this place. But I own a B&B and my guests keep tellinh me to go there the food is great. I don`t get out much, but it IS on my list of MUST do soon.

1  Thank stanzie8