“Very Friendly Staff”

AmeriVu Inn & Suites
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Rice Lake

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Fountain City, Wisconsin
Reviewed April 26, 2013

I had called this Days Inn to block 14 rooms for my daughters volleyball team as we were coming to town for a State tournament. I was told I needed to talk to the manager, Don. As soon as I started talking to him and asking about rates he raised his voice to the point of yelling at me. Not sure why exactly. Who doesn't ask for a cheaper rate when blocking 14 rooms?! He told me he could give me $5 off but all the people had to book their room this same day. (I talked to him at 3:00, so that was not going to happen.) I explained that might be hard to do in which he was obviously not happy about. He continued to rant and rave about how he only has 26 rooms here and there are other teams that want to stay here too. And that the price goes up tomorrow! He kept getting more and more rude and downright disrespectful!! I have blocked rooms at numerous hotels over the years for basketball teams and have never had to deal with such a head case!!!! He then asked me if I was booking my room today in which I said I would book it tomorrow as I had not decided if I was staying 1 or 2 nights and would call him back later. OH MY LORD!!! You would have thought I asked him for his kidneys!!! He was clearly pissed. And said to me," If you are not booking a room right now then disregard all of this. I am not giving you a discount at all. What? Don't you have a daughter on the team?" That is when I decided to hang up. There was no way I would stay at that hotel or continue to be yelled at by this "man". He clearly has major issues and it amazes me they even have people staying at their hotel. I guarantee you if they did and had to talk to him, they never stayed there again. What a sad excuse for a human being!!! Shame on him for treating people that way!!

Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
7 Thank Nancy S
ricelake, Manager at AmeriVu Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Please know that we understand your complaint. I understand you wanted a block of rooms for a sports team. We have had several sports teams that have stayed in the past. The only time we get complaints however is from people or groups that do not respect the other people that are staying at the hotel.Several teams stay here and we get good reviews from the team.We have a open mind and beleive schools districts need hotel rooms for traveling teams,but at what price? This is one step in the wrong direction, I'm sorry that we could not meet your every demand. Hotel prices change all the time, you were quoted a price at the time of your call. It was simply stated that this price was good at this time. Other teams were calling in and as the hotel fills rates may change. When asked would you like to make a reservation, you replied that you didnt know and then hung up. This hotel at one time accepted pets, I love animals. But dogs barking all night, chewing carpet and doors forced a change in policy. Maybe we should not except sports teams anymore. We have no more complaints about animals.
Mercer
Reviewed April 8, 2013

we had 4 in our room.. we slept well everything was clean ..the beds were very comfortable and pillows too.. Tracy was at the desk she was great We were lost and she stayed on the phone until we arrived!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

ricelake, Manager at AmeriVu Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 28, 2013
I am happy to hear you had a comfortable stay. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis. In addition, knowing that for the number of adults in your room you had enough space. These rooms are larger then your average size hotel rooms, here it is the standard. We recognize what are guest would like, larger rooms, more pillows, free micro and refrigerators, flat screen TV's, WIFI not only in the rooms but in the hotel bar,Lobby,pool and outside back yard patio! I am happy you pointed that out for all guest to know
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rice Lake
Curriers Lakeview Lodge
#3 of 8 in Rice Lake
Americas Best Value Inn Chetek
AmeriVu Inn and Suites - Shell Lake

Been to AmeriVu Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about AmeriVu Inn & Suites

Property: AmeriVu Inn & Suites
Address: 1710 S Main St, Rice Lake, WI 54868-2914 (Formerly Days Inn Rice Lake Lodge and Banquet Center)
Location: United States > Wisconsin > Rice Lake
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Rice Lake
Hotel Class:2 star — AmeriVu Inn & Suites 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your AmeriVu Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.