“Nice place to stay in a great little town”

AmeriVu Inn & Suites
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Rice Lake
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Very helpful desk help; nice hot tub; large, clean comfortable room.

Room Tip: Our room was on the ground floor, lots of "workers" using the facitliy, but quiet and nice...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Traveling up towards the Superior Northshore from Chicago, reserved a room for Sat 06/23/12. $90.00 seemed high-but it was a Saturday night. Checked into an annex room. Immediately plugged in iPAD to charge. But quickly noticed dirty carpet, dirt at bottom edge of shower walls(no caulking), barely hanging curtains. Absolutely not a $90 room. No way. Switched to main building and it was much improved. No issues in main building. Pool was great. A couple hours later-realized I left the iPAD in the annex room. They had it safely at the front desk. Much appreciated. Avoid the annex-oldest part of motel I guess.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank 111Steve_G
Reviewed June 17, 2012

Wow. Appears to be a clean hotel at first glance, but a total hole upon further review. Standard rooms as you'd expect, but the bathroom door opened directly into the toilet, as in door slamming into stool. Once I was able to navigate my way into the bathroom, I also was displeased to find several long black hairs in the shower when I pulled back the curtain. Obviously cleaning the shower was overlooked. If you like a quiet and private pool area, this hotel might be for you...as the water temp is so darn cold no one can stand it for more than two minutes and the entire pool are becomes unoccupied rather quickly. Okay, we'll maybe that's not entirely true, as there was a homeless dude that locked himself inside the pool bathroom overnight. Homeless Dude made a break for it in the morning, but was tackled by the front desk manager as he tried to scale the pool patio wall. And the manager is a seriously odd man. He performs impromptu security checks on guests coming to visit your room, but pays no mind to the people smoking-up on the second floor. In the morning creepy manager guy turned away my wife and two small children from the less than inspired continental breakfast because my 20 month old daughter didn't have shoes on. However, in typical creepy manager guy style, there was nothing said to the shirtless guy sipping from his tiny cup of orange juice.

This establishment may look nice from the pics, I mean - who doesn't like log cabin styles, right? However, I would rather wash my feet with Mountain Dew and stand on an ant colony than return to the Rice Lake Days Inn for another night. Find somewhere else to stay, call a friend - beg a relative or just sleep in your car.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
11  Thank Super-Cold-Pool
Reviewed May 22, 2012

4 year old wooden sided, "Northwoods" style building on main street a mile from down town. No work out room, but big pool and whirl pool. Clean rooms, light breakfast, a bar except for Sunday nites, and for experienced Northwoods travelers with engine block heaters, places to plug in to keep the engine warm during winter travels. I got what I paid for, and was quite satisfied.

Room Tip: No street noise on either side, so room selection is not an issue. Too small of tables in room to ef...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 16, 2012

I stayed here mid April. Booked thru Orbitz (big mistake) Orbitz card was declined when I checked in. I paid the hotel with my card. When I was checking out Don said he would attempt to contact Orbitz to get my card refunded. Almost a month later I contacted Orbitz with little to no success. I called Don back and he more than willingly helped me. I received full credit back to my card thru the hotel, even though it was Orbitz' fault. I would gladly stay at this hotel again. All of the staff were very friendly and helpful. The condition of the hotel was excellent... very clean and roomy.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 23, 2012

After reading about the poor issues with the manager, I was relucant but also wanted to see what the big fuss was about. The hotel is very clean and updated and the manager was very friendly to us. No issues what so ever! Would stay again!

Room Tip: stay in main building
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 22, 2012

This is a clean, New Days Inn. There was little or no traffic noise from Main Street and the curtains were able to block out all the car and parking lot lights at night. I needed to use the room to change toward check out time and staff was very accommodating in allowing me to do so. My work was extended a couple of hours and staff was all very nice about extending check out time. The Days Inn had a book with maps, food and entertainment options. Very good and helpful. I don't know what these other reviews I have seen are talking about!

Room Tip: No elevator, so if stairs are tough for you choose a main floor room.I preferr the upstairs because...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Curriers Lakeview Lodge
Curriers Lakeview Lodge
#3 of 8 in Rice Lake
Americas Best Value Inn Chetek

Been to AmeriVu Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!