“"Excellent Service"”

Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Rice Lake
Waterloo, Wisconsin
“"Excellent Service"”
Reviewed May 16, 2012

I stayed here mid April. Booked thru Orbitz (big mistake) Orbitz card was declined when I checked in. I paid the hotel with my card. When I was checking out Don said he would attempt to contact Orbitz to get my card refunded. Almost a month later I contacted Orbitz with little to no success. I called Don back and he more than willingly helped me. I received full credit back to my card thru the hotel, even though it was Orbitz' fault. I would gladly stay at this hotel again. All of the staff were very friendly and helpful. The condition of the hotel was excellent... very clean and roomy.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Reviewed April 23, 2012

After reading about the poor issues with the manager, I was relucant but also wanted to see what the big fuss was about. The hotel is very clean and updated and the manager was very friendly to us. No issues what so ever! Would stay again!

Room Tip: stay in main building
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed March 22, 2012

This is a clean, New Days Inn. There was little or no traffic noise from Main Street and the curtains were able to block out all the car and parking lot lights at night. I needed to use the room to change toward check out time and staff was very accommodating in allowing me to do so. My work was extended a couple of hours and staff was all very nice about extending check out time. The Days Inn had a book with maps, food and entertainment options. Very good and helpful. I don't know what these other reviews I have seen are talking about!

Room Tip: No elevator, so if stairs are tough for you choose a main floor room.I preferr the upstairs because...
Franklin, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed March 6, 2012

I stayed at this location with our Bantum A Hockey team for the State tournament. Knowing ahead of time that the manager was difficult at best to deal with, did not prepare us for the emotional toil he had on our stay. He sucked the fun out of our stay by kicking out our team coach and his family over a question about roll away availability. I asked for two extra towels for our room, and I was promptly followed like a three year old who wasn't capable of putting a towel in the bathroom. Our internet service was shut off which created issues for anyone trying to complete school work or business done. Our card access to the building was shut off at 10:30 even though check out wasn't until 11. So we had to cart all our our luggage thru the building and around the end to get to our vehicle. That is just a snippet of what we experienced. Hitchcock himself would agree it felt like we were in the Bates Motel.
DO NOT WASTE YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY AT THIS ESTABLISHMENT- Don the manager will make you regret it and ruin your stay.

Room Tip: small fridge in room
15 Thank Kathy S
ricelake, Manager at AmeriVu Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 2, 2012
I am sorry that this person has no regard for anyone else staying at the property. They even said they were from a hockey team and I want people to know that not all traveling teams are bad. We have a pretty thick skin at this hotel but when the line is crossed you will be removed. Other hotels had bad reviews in the same time frame from hockey groups gone bad. We have a beautiful hotel for people to enjoy, read the comments and everyone will mention how nice the hotel is. You will see no complaints were someone was disturbed all night long by guest in the next room. A loud ice machine we were across from, people talking in the hall all hours of the night. People stay at a hotel to enjoy time away and relax or sleep after a long days work. You will find that here! Say what you will about the manager! I have to answer to the guest that is upset because the people next to them had a party in the room. I think it is better to have someone that is mad because they were removed for misbehaving, then someone that never comes back because management don't care what happens at his property. I don't care how many false emails they have! Don

Travelers are raving about these Rice Lake hotels

Milwaukee Wisconsin United States
Reviewed March 4, 2012

I just recently visited Rice Lake for my son's Bantam A hockey tournament. We were aware of the reviews of this hotel, but thought we would give it a chance...big mistake. From the minute our team checked in the owner of this establishment harassed us on numerous occasions throughout our stay for doing simply nothing at all. Beautiful gathering areas, but unfornately you weren't able to sit in those areas for very long without him manufacturing some reason to come and threaten us for some irrelevant minor reason. At one point he told us to "all go to your rooms, and I don't want to see your faces." We were threatened several times that he would call the police and kick our families out of his hotel. At one point I had asked him if he wanted to be respected he needed to show respect. He replied with "I am the owner, I don't need to respect you. You will follow my rules." Although the Days Inn looks very nice on the outside and the rooms are clean, don't be fooled this is the worse customer service I have ever had in my life. Like it has already been said, the only time I saw him smile is when he got us into his bar to buy his drinks. Otherwise he was like a wolf in sheeps clothing. Days Inn should be ashamed to have their name associated with this owner.

12 Thank Sarah T
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed March 4, 2012

I just got home from my weekend at the Days Inn in Rice Lake and although I have never did a review, I immediatly felt the urge to make sure I commented on our stay. The owner/manager has some serious coping issues. Although the hotel was very clean, nice, rooms were roomy, the manager made it a god awful experience. He was an ego maniac and his answer to everything was that "I'm the owner and if you don't like it, leave." He threatened to kick out our group numerous times throughout the weekend if we asked him any question and actually did kick one of the families out within 30 minutes of arriving. He said that he has cameras throughtout the hotel and watches them from home which I find a bit disturbing. The only time he was happy was when we were in the bar buying something. I don't know how he stays open with his lack of customer service. If you don't want to be frustrated throughout your stay, don't stay here. I was waiting for someone to jump out from the show Punked and say "Gotcha" Read the reviews before you stay here and then figure it will be ten times worse. Thats about as close as I can say would describe it. If you have seen the Seinfeld episode with the Soup Nazi, its the Hotel Nazi and he would be his twin!! DO NOT
STAY HERE. Sleep in your car!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
12 Thank Lisa W
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed December 10, 2011

At first I was skeptical about staying at a Days Inn, but this hotel was quite acceptable. The room was quite large and was clean and quiet. The breakfast selection was a bit limited, but it was OK. Not bad at all.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Curriers Lakeview Lodge
#3 of 8 in Rice Lake
Americas Best Value Inn Chetek
AmeriVu Inn and Suites - Shell Lake

Been to AmeriVu Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!