“Always good food and friendly staff”

Moondance Bar & Grill
Ranked #19 of 79 Restaurants in Rhinelander
Cuisines: American
Reviewed December 30, 2017 via mobile

Moondance is always a great place to go. They have decent wine (most places don’t), good food and friendly service. We have gone as a couple, as a family and with large groups. We have had most everything on the menu. My favorite is their prime rib. It is thrown on the grill right before serving so has great flavor. However, all items are very good.

Date of visit: November 2017

Reviewed December 4, 2017

This is our go to place for prime rib, burgers and fish fry. They have fish fry even on Thursdays. My dad loves the perch. My mom and I love their fried (huge) shrimp. Prime rib is very good. The black and blue burger is awesome with a side of Kentucky boubon sauce to put on the burger (it isn't to dip your fries in!). Substitute their onion rings. Yum. Haven't had anything here we didn't like. Lots of local décor on the walls. Make the trip to Sugar Camp and try it for yourself. Dinner at 5:00, get their early it has a fairly small dining room and it's a popular place.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed August 16, 2017

Fish fry is very good....can't go wrong with any of their choices, haddock, cod or perch. Plus along with offering French fries, you also can choose red potatoes or potato salad. Coleslaw is excellent. Crazy busy. When people are waiting to sit, DON'T use a table with a bucket of dirty water to "wash"...yuck! Didn't need to see that. Bartender is very good and friendly!
It's also nice that if your a local, you'll get seated and served before a "tourist".

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed July 5, 2017 via mobile

It consistently has great fish. Your choice of baked, deep fried or perch (my favorite).
I only gave it a 4 because it's so busy...there is a minimum of 1 hr wait anytime you go.

BB

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed April 26, 2017

They have a variety and everything we have had there is good, great fish fry and u can order other than fish. Down side, it is quite noisy inside when they are busy, snot sure what they could do about that tho, deal with it I guess.

Date of visit: January 2017