“In the view of an unbiased pasty maker”
Review of Joe's Pasty Shop

Joe's Pasty Shop
Ranked #3 of 69 Restaurants in Rhinelander
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Takeout
Description: We make our pasties fresh from scratch 5 days a week using locally sourced meats and veggies in a small home converted into a commercial kitchen. We do not use any preservatives or hydrogenated oils. We offer a couple of picnic tables inside the porch for year round dining, as well as 2 outdoor tables on our deck in the summer. Takeout is quick and easy since our pasties are already made up when you come in! Frozen pasties are available for sale also.
Chicago
“In the view of an unbiased pasty maker”
Reviewed August 17, 2014

Pros: Tastiest pasties around with top-notch crust; budget friendly; organic and natural ingredients; Eco-friendly packaging; about a dozen varieties available frozen; will ship out of state; quaint dining area; friendly family owned business; vegetarian selections

Cons: only a few varieties available fees (unfrozen) each day; dining area is only 2 tables, so if dining in during a rush, you may need to share tables, or wait; 300 miles away from home

My family visited here in August 2014. My 11-year-old had the traditional (beef, potatoes, onions) and my spouse and I split a Cornish (beef, potatoes, rutabaga and onion) and the farmers market (kale, goat cheese, peas, potatoes, onion, other great organic veggies in a whole wheat crust).

I used to be employed to make pasties for a deli in the area, and so I know a thing or two about pasties and have sampled a number of those available around here. This is easily the best I've tasted - simple, good food in the Northwoods. They do a great job. We will make it a regular stop in all our visits to this area.

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank Marcy H

Marshfield, Wisconsin
“Best Pasty in the Midwest”
Reviewed August 15, 2014

I discovered this gem three years ago when working in Rhinelander. They take pride in their food, using natural, organic, local ingredients. I would often purchase frozen pasties to take home with me for my family to enjoy.

My family spent a week in the Mackinac area where a pasty is found at nearly every restaurant. We had a lunch at one of the local restaurants that advertizes as serving the best pasties in the Midwest. We were all very disappointed in what they served. On the way home from our vacation we traveled through Rhinelander in order to get some pasties from Joe's Pasty Shop. We were NOT disappointed. They were incredibly delicious. We even orders more than a dozen frozen ones to take home with us. It is obvious that they know how to make incredible pasties from the best ingredients. If you want an incredible pasty, go to Joe's.

• Visited August 2014
Rhinelander, Wisconsin
“good food, good selection”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Very tasty, authentic pasties...flavorful ingredients. Great from the oven or cooked/heated at home. Friendly and quick service. Good spot to stop!

• Visited June 2014
Rhinelander, Wisconsin
“Great homemade pasties”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

The home made pasties and delicious. They offer about a dozen different kinds... some available fresh and all are available frozen. This is a "mom-and-pop" operation but well worth the stop

Visited March 2014
Tomahawk, Wisconsin
“Great food made with local heart!”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Great selection of homemade pasties.....daily specials plus regular offerings. All made with organic and locally grown/ harvested ingredients...even the meat!...... and NO additives. Very casual atmosphere, take home or eat on their picnic tables in enclosed porch. Staff are amazing too! Definitely a must do when you are in Rhinelander.

• Visited May 2014