“Great food, wonderful resort”

Holiday Acres Resort
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Rhinelander
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Spent three days at this great resort. A truly beautiful location with the charm of being in the north woods. We had breakfast, lunch, & dinner there two of the days. Food was great. They do all their own baking, and what a treat. Great coffee cake in the morning. How about sandwiches on homemade bread for lunch and rolls for dinner. Prime rib was rare the way I like it and very tender. I truly enjoyed my stay

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
hodag, Owner at Holiday Acres Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience on TA! We are a bit off the beaten path, and a really nice review like yours will help people find their way to our door. Hope to see you again when you visit the Rhinelander area.

Holiday Acres Resort

There are newer reviews for Holiday Acres Resort

Reviewed December 25, 2012

I have been meaning to write this review since we stayed at Acres last August. We stayed at the Glenview cottage, just a short path up from beautiful Lake Thompson. The cottage is absolutely charming--a very cozy & comfortable Northwoods atmosphere, complete with a lovely kitchen & a wraparound deck. A short walk away is a shuffleboard courts and greens, as well as a fabulous cocktail bar & restaurant. My husband, friend, and our dog, Frankie, rented a pontoon boat for an afternoon (the cottage comes with a row boat) & spent a spectacular day on the lake. I only wish Frankie were brave enough to jump off the boat and into the lake with me. I loved swimming in the lake and couldn't wait to do so every morning. Everyone at the resort was welcoming, and our fellow guests were delightful. We only stayed for two nights last summer (after a three-week road trip to Montana), but we've already booked a week in August. I cannot wait to end my working summer with a holiday at Acres!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cosmolene
Reviewed November 19, 2012

I just came across an ad for your resort. I visited this resort last back in 1972. My wife & I had just married. We brought our Collie, Shep along and stayed in a quaint little waterfront cottage.. This was a great vacation! We were able to enjoy our old wooden runabout on beautiful Lake Thompson. I'm sure the views are still just as spectacular now as they were then. I did a little horseback riding and rented a small sailboat that week. (I actually taught myself how to sail on this lake.) Late afternoons, we would sit on the pier and just take in the view. Breakfast at the restaurant was excellent. Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that we had a wonderful time at your resort many years ago. Who knows, maybe we'll come back one of these days!

Room Tip: The lakefront cottages have excellent views!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 13, 2012

The Holiday Acres Resort must have really been something in its day - it needs a little TLC and some spring cleaning. It would really benefit from some updates, but I understand the economy makes that a little difficult - but scrubbing baseboards, cleaning the dust off the air vent covers, etc. wouldn't take a lot of money and would make a big difference.

THE FOOD, however, was fantastic. They have a chef who really knows how to run a kitchen! Every meal I had there was delicious, breakfast, lunch or dinner - fantastic. I can see why folks drive from the city of Rhinelander to come there for dinner. I can't say enough about the food.

Room Tip: Very quiet no matter which room you pick, but stay away from the exit doors - people go in and out a...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Betty M
hodag, Owner at Holiday Acres Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2012

Thank you, Betty M, for taking the time to post a review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your meals at our restaurant.

Your observations are much appreciated. Housekeeping is always a priority. Clean trumps almost everything! We will be sure to pay more attention to the places you mentioned that we have been missing. Our guests comments do help us.

Evaluating the list of improvements that are needed and made around the resort is ongoing. We believe that the heyday of Holiday Acres is also ongoing. Our family business is about doing our utmost to see that guests time at the resort is enjoyable in every way.

We hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you again.

Sincerely, Kari Z.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

Hello Holiday acres
We had a family reunion at Holiday acres in 1990. I and my wife came back August 21 and 22 2012. It is even better now than it was then . What a wonderful pleasing place to stay. Three coins resturant is tops. All the staff and workers are so accomidating and friendly. Mr and Mrs Zambon are so friendly and wonderful. Our room in the lodge was so bright and clean. What a great 2 days we had at Holiday Acres. Vern Haberkorn

Room Tip: The Lodge is excellent. We had 3 cottages rented for a reunion. All were top rated.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor and to share your experience.

Nothing makes us happier than to know that you and your family enjoyed your time at Holiday Acres. It was wonderful to meet you again, and to meet your delightful family as well!

We hope that we will see you and your family again soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed August 14, 2012

Arrived @ Holiday Acres on bike trip back from Sturgis...having read other reviews on Trip Adviser, my husband & I looked forward to a respite from the road....admittedly a bit worn in some places, the friendly staff, the Adirondack ambiance (which I remembered from childhood in the Adirondacks) , and the truly fabulous food were a highlight of our trip....would return here as a destination in a heartbeat! Kudos to owners and staff alike! A real deal gem! Thank you....

Room Tip: If in lodge, be sure to ask for a corner room w / fridge & microwave.....very roomy....Sunset L...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

So glad you found us and enjoyed your stay. Thank you so much for sharing your experience on TA. Holiday Acres Resort is family owned and operated and we take our guest satisfaction to heart. The very nice comments are what keep us going! Hope you can visit again soon.

Safe riding!

Reviewed July 9, 2012

STOP with the great reviews, already! Let's try and keep this special place our own best secret! Sheesh ...

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank jroman222

You bring a :-))) to our faces. Thanks again for sharing the sunshine! We look forward to seeing you again!

Yours truly,
Kari Z.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rhinelander
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Rhinelander
Days Inn & Suites Rhinelander
Wild Eagle Lodge
Wild Eagle Lodge
#2 of 12 in Eagle River

Been to Holiday Acres Resort? Share your experiences!