“Best place in town to get a salad” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Crimson Cafe
Ranked #5 of 69 Restaurants in Rhinelander
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Soups
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: "Espresso bar, gourmet sandwiches & salads, seasonal homemade soup, wine by the glass and specialty gifts".
Minocqua, Wisconsin
“Best place in town to get a salad”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

I can't believe it took me so long to find this place. I suppose the parking is a bit of a hindrance and that might be why i avoided it. However, my family and I decided to give it a go after we read about it in the local paper. It was wonderfully quaint with amazing food. I had a half a brie and apple sandwich and a salad with Gorgonzola. They get a lot of their ingredients from Golden Harvest and everything was fresh which is a nice change of pace here in the northwoods. They serve Ancora expresso drinks. The folks sitting beside us were raving about the soup but we have not tried it.....yet.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Northwoods_Newbie

Crescent, Wisconsin, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Favorite place in Rhinelander”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012

We come here everyday after I pick up my young assistant. It's so pretty and welcoming, it just makes me feel at home! They have amazing gifts, and not just coffee drinks but seasonal drinks. They have wonderful homemade soups, gifts, scarfs, and much more! Also fantastic lunches, my favorite place. Also friendly staff:)

• Visited December 2012
Mobile, Alabama
“As sweet as pecan pie!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012 via mobile

This southerner enjoyed the hospitality at this place. I was recommended by Golden Harvest a natural food icon in the area and I went here. I knew I would like it as soon as I open the door. Coffee, and homemade this and that. The ladies there were very nice and enjoyed the friendliness they afforded a stranger. I also choose this place because of the name. Of course being from Alabama I put for the Crimson Tide! A match made in heaven. The soup was really nice and the sandwich was yummy too.

Rhinelander, Wisconsin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Quaint!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

A beautiful old home turned coffee shop/cafe. The coffee drinks are excellent and the staff is cheerful and will customize anything! The lunches are homemade soups, gourmet salads and handcrafted sandwiches that are out of this world! Everything in fresh and super delicious! Only downside is the alley parking, but street parking is only a 1/2 block away.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank HodagTraveler
Shawano
“Amazing service and food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

This cafe is tucked in and could be missed. Parking is in the back. Everything is enjoyable: food, atmosphere, service and gift selection. I agree, don't miss it.

• Visited September 2012