“White Stag...Grillin at its best!”
Review of White Stag Inn

White Stag Inn
Ranked #11 of 70 Restaurants in Rhinelander
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 28, 2013

The menue is a limited but, you should pick what you do best and concentrate on doing it well. Precisely what is done at the White Stag!
Love the wedge of iceburg wth the three fresh homemade and blendable salad dressings. Not sure which one I love best....Top it with the crumbled blue cheese and it is a refreshing salad to start your dinner. The mushrooms are large and delicious grilled. The baked potato is wonderful topperd with the cottage cheese and chive topping. Love it. My favorite entree is the Kassler Chops. Delicious with the cranberry side.
Try it. It is a Northwoods favorite for generations

1  Thank Diane H
There are newer reviews for White Stag Inn

Reviewed March 25, 2013

Order your steak less well done than you would ordinarily. Atmosphere is wonderful. Service was good.

1  Thank Mirandalou
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Visited in June. As I have stated in many of my other reviews, an experience can vary by day, and maybe we just went on the wrong day. The menu is small and the service was so slow that it took forever to get our food. When it did arrive, it was a major disappointment. I ate a couple of bites and the rest of the family ate maybe half of their steak. We left, still hungry, and it was now so late at night that McDonald’s was the only thing open. I am sure the Big Mac isn’t steak, but at least we finished that meal.

3  Thank IYSAYKIWYT
Reviewed March 24, 2013

it's the first place I want to dine when in town! The grilled shrimp at the best and it is known for it's unique salad!

Reviewed January 17, 2013

We have a second home in Eagle River which is the next town north of the White Stag. My husband's family has had this home for over 70 years. The White Stag has always been there. The food, service and owners have always been fantastic. We went there the first week in January. We both had the steak enbrochette, our personal favorite. The grill is open so you can watch the chef prepare your meal. One of the most memorable parts of the visit is the salad. It is basically a head of lettuce cut into four wedge pieces. You are then served a trio of salad dressings that you are told to mix together however you'd like. Whenever we have visitors stay with us during the summers, the White Stag is always on the list of places to take them.