“GREAT RECOMMENDATION BY HOTEL”
Review of Al Gen Dinner Club

Al Gen Dinner Club
Ranked #6 of 69 Restaurants in Rhinelander
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Siren, Wisconsin
“GREAT RECOMMENDATION BY HOTEL”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

The Comfort Inn front desk staff recommended that we go to Al Gen for dinner. Great place, I loved the cabin atmosphere and decor! The wait staff was very good and friendly! I had the shrimp scampi special for the night, and it was very good. I would recommend that you eat there if in the area.

Visited October 2013

“Disappointing”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

After sitting down at our table, we were told the electricity would be off for about 15 min so no water, food or lights for awhile. No problem, I have a light on my phone and the other tables had flashlights. All added to the adventure. Our waitress was very nice and every one had a great sense of humor. When the lights came on, we ordered our food and continued eating crackers and cheese. We did ask for a 2nd basket because we were getting hungry waiting. I ordered scallops that were only so-so. Not much taste to them. Of the 3 of us, none of us would return. Nothing really stood out. Would have been nice if they had offered us a soda or beer b/4 the electricity went out. While it wasn't their fault, and they did keep us up to date on when the electricity would be turned on, it just wasn't a good all around experience. Nice atmosphere tho and the staff is friendly.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank kay-wren
Janesville, Wisconsin
“alot of food”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Great décor old world supper club. A lot of average food for the price. The steaks are the best value. The ribs were tender but lacked flavor with bottle sauce

Visited September 2013
LaSalle, Illinois
“Great atmosphere”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

A bit pricey but the food was good. Great service too! The room was decorated with all sorts of steins and memorabilia that was pretty cool.

Visited August 2013
“Authentic Supper Club in the Northwoods of Wisconsin.”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Old log cabin authentic supper club. They start off with a nice scoop of cheese and assortment of crackers. I had the sicilian steak, two 4 oz fillets dipped in olive oil, sprinkled with homemade seasoned bread crumbs, accompanied with au jus and tomato and garlic sauces, med. Rare and absolutely oustanding, my husband had broasted chicken and ribs-fantastic! They also we've two homemade breads - my favorite is the sweet raisin nut bread.
Highly recommend this place.

• Visited August 2013