“Supper Club Tour”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 12, 2013

This a very traditional Wisconsin Supper Club. Nice staff, good drinks, reasonable pricing and above average food. I would defintely go back.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Witty bartender, nice supper club atmosphere, good service, prices were very reasonable and excellent food. We really had a nice time

Reviewed July 7, 2013

I seem to write a review when they are either great or horrible. This was my third and last trip to the Al-gen. You would think I would learn after two bad experiences. Drinks that have too much booze no thanks. A rude server- happens each time. Food- overpriced. Cold or old - that is your choice. The only thing I found fresh was the air as we left- never to return. We had the walleye and it was something they had to have had the previous day. Wife had a steak- difficult time finding the meat it was all fat. Save your money and go elsewhere!

3  Thank John C
Reviewed May 30, 2013

In Rhinelander for work and turned to tripadvisor for a dinner recommendation...Al Gen dinner club didn't disappoint. Enjoyed an old fashioned at the bar and placed our order before moving to a table. Soup, salad and cheese & breadsticks followed by delicious broiled walleye and the shrimp scampi special. Capped off with a huge brandy alexander. Glad we stopped!

Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

Love places that serve both soup and salad so I was super hopeful when my clam chowder was yummy and creamy with big chunks of potato. Bread basket seemed like a good idea when the waitress described it as "fresh French bread and raisin walnut bread". French bread seemed a little chewy as if it had been reheated in the microwave. Raisin walnut bread was dry, dense, and was packed with the overwhelming flavor of raisins. I had vegetarian Al Gen Parmesan. Spaghetti noodles, topped with mushrooms, green peppers, onions, tomatoes, covered with marinara and smothered in cheese. Noodles were a bit overdone and the entire meal tasted a little too much like green peppers. I didn't especially like my entree. However, my food was served with two generous and yummy slices of garlic bread. My husband had rib eye said it had the potential to be a really good steak but felt maybe the meat may have been precooked. His meal came with choice of potato and thinly sliced and deep fried onion rings. Staff seemed very professional and efficient, service was prompt, and food was prepared in a very timely manner. Bartender played host, bartender, and cashier and seemed rather enthusiastic about his roles.