“No Frills, No Faults”

Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Rhinelander
Richmond, Virginia
“No Frills, No Faults”
Reviewed June 19, 2007

This is an older property, I would guess a full service Holiday Inn in its original life, that has been extensively renovated and is now a Holiday Inn Express. The hotel is clean and modern and well maintained. The only thing you might want to take into consideration regarding this property is that some rooms are a bit of a hike to the front desk and breakfast room and that the hotel doesn't have an elevator that I saw. It's only two floors and there are many rooms on the ground level so if mobility is a problem, request a room near the front and on the ground floor.

• Liked — location near where I needed to be
  • Disliked — long walk to front desk and breakfast room
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
3 Thank ajva

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
minneapolis
Reviewed June 13, 2007

This is a great hotel. From the time we pulled up to the time we left Rhinelander we had a great time. The room had plenty of space and was very clean. The breakfast had more than a cup of coffee and donut like most hotels. It even had bacon and omlets. They told us the pool had just been drained and repainted. It looked very nice. Everything was very clean. I never smelled a smoke smell, maybe they fixed it. They have wooden lawn chairs in the fromt and back that we sat outside and had our coffee in the morning in. It was very relaxing. I would highly recomend this hotel.

• Liked — It was cleean and quiet
  • Disliked — no elevator
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas, NV
Reviewed May 19, 2007

A really nice HI Express - good, friendly service at check in, the room was very nicely appointed and incredibly clean - took full advantage of the pool, hot tub, exercise room and guest laundry. Front desk was really helpful with restaurant recommendations too. Beds were totally comfortable with both soft and firm pillow selection.

• Liked — Clean and good ameneties
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank MEGATRAVELER
Sheboygan Falls, WI
Reviewed August 10, 2006

My husband and I stayed here on 08/07/06. We had a king, non-smoking room on the second floor.

It was spacious and well decorated. The bed was very comfy, had several pillows -- and they were labeled "Firm" and "Soft". The staff was very very friendly and things were clean. 1 Hour of long distance phone calling is included. This isn't something I would normally need or care about, but I just happened to need it this time. Better than $15 in roaming charges on my cell phone!

I liked everything about this place except the air conditioner.

It cooled well, but when I first turned it on, it had a smell like they had recently turned a smoking room into a non-smoking room.
Then, I awoke at 1am and it smelled like someone was smoking IN the room.

I checked everywhere, but when I looked outside i saw a large group of people smoking in the gazebo. It was quite a distance away, so it didn't seem like the source, but I remembered there being a single person out there when I turned it on earlier. That was when I realized that the A/C was pulling in the smoke from outside.

If we had opened the window we'd have had the same thing. So we just shut the A/C off and the room got warm. If you are very sensitive, be sure to ask for a room that doesn't face the gazebo.

Reviewed April 30, 2006

This is a really nice hotel. When we arrived, we were given complimentary bottled water, and 60 minutes of long distance at no charge. Our non-smoking room was very clean, quiet, and comfortable. The hallways did have a bit of a smoking odor, but it was nothing unbearable. I disagree with the reviewer who gave this place a "terrible" rating for it's smell. If you really have a problem with smelling any trace of tobacco, stay at a hotel that's 100% non-smoking. Like I said, our non-smoking room here was just fine. They had a very nice breakfast, even nicer than most Holiday Inn Express hotels. There were hot rolls, omelets, bacon, doughnuts, bagels, and much more. They had a very nice large indoor pool that was never crowded, as well as a nice whirlpool. They had a pretty nice fitness room too with a cable TV and free water. The hotel is very safe, you must have your room key to enter all outside entrances, as well as the fitness center and pool. We paid $71.00 for a Double Queen room, and it was well worth it. The staff here are great too. They have a small business center with free internet and printer. We will be back!

• Stayed April 2006
6 Thank teleholic
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 6, 2006

The odor in the hotel was horrible, it was ten times worse than a bar. There was nowhere to park in the parking lot. And on top of that I had to call back to get them to credit over two hundred dollars to my card because they put an authorization hold on the funds for a week after my stay was over. I would not recomend anyone staying there.

• Stayed January 2006
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travelers are raving about these Rhinelander hotels

Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
Reviewed January 18, 2005

For such a moderately priced hotel, the rooms were spacious and very clean, and the breakfasts were continental plus. We went up to Rhinelander snow mobiling, and were very happy at the Holiday Inn Express.

4 Thank susiemdc
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rhinelander
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Rhinelander
Holiday Acres Resort
Holiday Acres Resort
#2 of 8 in Rhinelander
#7 of 7 in Minocqua

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!