“Reasonable Price - Adequate Facility”
Review of Quality Inn

Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Rhinelander
Madison, WI
“Reasonable Price - Adequate Facility”
Reviewed July 7, 2009

The rooms are large, adequately furnished and very clean. The building, however, is showing its age and parts of it are musty. The hallways are dark and dreary. Because of the building's age, soundproofing is lacking. The air conditioner in our room was very noisy and it was impossible to sleep with it running.
All the staff were friendly and helpful. The breakfast is better than average and the new waffle makers seem to be a big hit. The price was reasonable.
In general, this facility is sufficient for a short stay. I would look elsewhere for an extended stay. Last year when we stayed there, it was a Holiday Inn Express.

Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Clifford
Reviewed July 6, 2009

having read the previous reviews on this hotel,I booked it. Arriving at 5p.m. my room wasn't ready after traveling for 14 hours.The room was very dirty with cigarette ash stains all over the comforter,I was in a non smoking room! I requested a different room,they were very keen to oblige and gave me a key.When I got to the room they were hurriedly vacuuming the carpets.We immediately checked out of this run down ,cigarette smelling property.My suggestion is don't bother,it's disgusting

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Rhinelander hotels

Colorado
Reviewed February 7, 2008

I traveled to Rhinelander for the first time on business in January, 2008. I selected this hotel based on the reviews read here on TripAdvisor and was not disappointed.

The hotel is very welcoming -- there were cookies available at the front desk I checked in. (These are SO appreciated, after the long trip it takes to get to Rhinelander in the first place!)

The lobby is decorated in a bit of a kitschy-cozy way. There is a fireplace in the lobby, a large breakfast room, a pool (which I didn't use, but plenty of other people were), and a very nice, small fitness center (that actually exceeded my expectations in terms of quality of equipment).

The room was clean and adequate. I appreciated the strong heater, since it was about 40 below when I arrived.

The breakfast in the morning was wonderful. There was a large selection, including warm and gooey cinammon buns.
Overall, a wonderful hotel, and definitely one to which I will return!

• Liked — Clean, cozy, welcoming, great breakfast, nice fitness center
  • Disliked — No elevator to the second floor.
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
4 Thank chrissyberry
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed June 19, 2007

This is an older property, I would guess a full service Holiday Inn in its original life, that has been extensively renovated and is now a Holiday Inn Express. The hotel is clean and modern and well maintained. The only thing you might want to take into consideration regarding this property is that some rooms are a bit of a hike to the front desk and breakfast room and that the hotel doesn't have an elevator that I saw. It's only two floors and there are many rooms on the ground level so if mobility is a problem, request a room near the front and on the ground floor.

• Liked — location near where I needed to be
  • Disliked — long walk to front desk and breakfast room
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
3 Thank ajva
minneapolis
Reviewed June 13, 2007

This is a great hotel. From the time we pulled up to the time we left Rhinelander we had a great time. The room had plenty of space and was very clean. The breakfast had more than a cup of coffee and donut like most hotels. It even had bacon and omlets. They told us the pool had just been drained and repainted. It looked very nice. Everything was very clean. I never smelled a smoke smell, maybe they fixed it. They have wooden lawn chairs in the fromt and back that we sat outside and had our coffee in the morning in. It was very relaxing. I would highly recomend this hotel.

• Liked — It was cleean and quiet
  • Disliked — no elevator
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas, NV
Reviewed May 19, 2007

A really nice HI Express - good, friendly service at check in, the room was very nicely appointed and incredibly clean - took full advantage of the pool, hot tub, exercise room and guest laundry. Front desk was really helpful with restaurant recommendations too. Beds were totally comfortable with both soft and firm pillow selection.

• Liked — Clean and good ameneties
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank MEGATRAVELER
Sheboygan Falls, WI
Reviewed August 10, 2006

My husband and I stayed here on 08/07/06. We had a king, non-smoking room on the second floor.

It was spacious and well decorated. The bed was very comfy, had several pillows -- and they were labeled "Firm" and "Soft". The staff was very very friendly and things were clean. 1 Hour of long distance phone calling is included. This isn't something I would normally need or care about, but I just happened to need it this time. Better than $15 in roaming charges on my cell phone!

I liked everything about this place except the air conditioner.

It cooled well, but when I first turned it on, it had a smell like they had recently turned a smoking room into a non-smoking room.
Then, I awoke at 1am and it smelled like someone was smoking IN the room.

I checked everywhere, but when I looked outside i saw a large group of people smoking in the gazebo. It was quite a distance away, so it didn't seem like the source, but I remembered there being a single person out there when I turned it on earlier. That was when I realized that the A/C was pulling in the smoke from outside.

If we had opened the window we'd have had the same thing. So we just shut the A/C off and the room got warm. If you are very sensitive, be sure to ask for a room that doesn't face the gazebo.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rhinelander
Comfort Inn
Holiday Acres Resort
Holiday Acres Resort
#2 of 8 in Rhinelander
#7 of 7 in Minocqua

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!