“Not great, but not horrible”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Rhinelander
Sturgeon Bay
“Not great, but not horrible”
Reviewed March 6, 2012

This is an O.k. hotel. The rooms are spacious and clean, and the carpet in my room seemed newer. However, the carpet in the hallways was in very bad shape and in bad need of vacuuming. Plus the walls in the hallways need a coat of paint BADLY! Depending on the season, this hotel is $20/night cheaper than the AmericInn next door. However, when the Quality Inn costs the same as the AmericInn, choose the AmericInn. It's a far nicer hotel, and it has a better free breakfast.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Wisconsin
Reviewed February 26, 2012

Rooms are small, except for suites which are spacious. Jacuzzi in rooms did not work. Pool water was cold. Hot tub was not working and was empty. Breakfast, did not have orange juice, only awful grapefruit juice or water. Eggs were awful. Mini blueberry muffins were good. No elevator to second floor which is cumbersome with many bags. Staff was friendly. Hotel could have been cleaner.

• Stayed February 2012

Travelers are raving about these Rhinelander hotels

escanaba
Reviewed January 23, 2012

When we pulled up to this hotel I thought that it looked like a nice place. The lobby is very nice, inviting, and modern......but don't let that fool you. After walking around the corner from the lobby, reality hit. The hallways are cold, and smell musty and like old smoke. The entire hotel was freeeeeezing cold! The couple that we were with actually had an open area between their storm window and the outside...... needless to say, they had to switch rooms. It was difficult to believe that they wouldnt have noticed and corrected the problem prior to renting out the room. The tub had hair in it when we came into the room. When we got settled into our room we decided to go get snacks from the vending machine. The machine on our floor had only four items available and two of them were in the second slot so you would have to pay double to get a candy bar. We decided to check a machine on the first floor and found that that vending machine was COMPLETELY empty! Two of the outlets in our room didn't work so finding a place to charge our computer and cell phones was difficult. My number one complaint however was that this hotel has NO elevators at all!!!! We were never informed of this and were placed on the second floor! Carrying heavy suitcases and various other items up and down the stairs is a pain! The only good points that I can think of was that it was relatively quiet and the beds were comfortable. We will NEVER stay at this hotel again! Yuck!

Room Tip: If you want a microwave and mini fridge in your room you must ask for it when you make your reservat...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed September 14, 2011

We began staying here for our once or twice visit to Rhinelander when it was the Holiday Inn maybe 8 years ago. Since that time, we've watched it steadily decline. During our visit last weekend, I refused to walk in the room without my shoes on. The carpets did not look clean in the hallways or rooms. The bathroom was very unaccepatble. The bottom of the shower curtain for about 9 inches up, was covered in very dark mold. Along the grout in the bathtub enclosure, there was also mold. It takes so little to remove that - a squirt bottle with bleach by the cleaning team would handle it.

Also, keep in mind that if you like a very firm bed, this is for you - it wasn't for me. There was no "softness" whatsoever and we both woke up sore from laying on what felt like, plywood.

The continental breakfast was mediocre, fake eggs, dried biscuits and some sausage gravy along with the usual breads and cereals.

Front desk staff is always very friendly.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Ithaca, New York
Reviewed August 15, 2011

This Quality Inn needs some update in near future including AC and TV among others. Nonetheless, it was not dirty. Plus, friendly and helpful staffs. Internet connection was good. Continental breakfast had a few more choices than several places I have visited this summer.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
Reviewed August 4, 2011

I thought the Quality Inn in Rhinelander was pretty average. The rooms were a little small, and it looked rather outdated. Also, the air conditioning was pretty loud. There was an excellent wireless Internet connection and we didn't have any issues with it.

There was an average hotel pool with a hot tub and sauna there. The fitness room had a few machines (treadmill, etc.). The breakfast was your average continental breakfast with make-your-own waffles, eggs, sausage, juice, milk, etc.

One thing I didn't like was that there were maids sitting outside one of the entrances smoking, and the entrances smelled like smoke.

We on;y stayed here because the AmericInn next door was all booked. We stayed at the AmericInn before and it was an excellent hotel. I would definitely suggest you to check it out instead of the Quality Inn. My stay at the Quality Inn was not terrible, but nothing special either.w

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank lfreund1
Milwaukee
Reviewed June 17, 2011

When you pull up to this hotel - it looks very nice. We were excited because it looked like the nicest place in town! Log cabin effect, nice lobby, up-north theme... but then you get to the rooms. It looks like they took an old beat up hotel and built a fancy "mask" in front of it to give it the impression of being new, updated, and pleasant. The rooms "in back" had a lot of wear, were much older, and were far from being as nice as the lobby and "front yard."

The rooms were very "surface cleaned." You can tell that the housekeeping staff come in and do the bare minimum needed to keep their supervisor happy. Granted, the toilet seemed clean, as did the sheets, tub, and mirrors (nice bedspreads & comforters) - but if you look close, it is gross. Dirt/garbage in the corners where the vacuum doesn't reach, dirty grout, and stains on the wall. It amazed me how a housekeeper can miss what looks like coffee drips running down the wall right across from the toilet (at least I hope it was coffee)! It would have taken housekeeping literally one extra minute to take a wet cloth and wipe down the walls - but they do not go that extra step, apparently.

The breakfast seemed pretty nice (I am not a big breakfast eater). Had the kids with me - this was the first breakfast buffet spread with waffles where they BOTH complained about the funky flavor of the waffles - neither of them liked or finished them. That has never happened before. They did offer sausages, eggs, yogurt - more than just the standard toast and sweet rolls.

As far as price goes - this place and the America's Best across the street were the best values I could find in this part of the state during summer months. I have to give them that. Even though it was way over priced - it was still more affordable than the others in the area. I actually paid the extra $3 to stay there than the America's Best - simply to get the chance to use a hot tub (that the other lacked). I got there only to find out that the hot tub was "closed for maintenance." Go figure! That is my luck!

(I travel all over the country with my job, and I contribute on EVERY hotel I stay in. Trip Advisor has been a great tool for me, and I contribute fairly, for both good and bad facilities.)

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank FunnyFisher
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rhinelander
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Rhinelander
#2 of 8 in Rhinelander
Edgewater Inn & Cottages
Edgewater Inn & Cottages
#5 of 12 in Eagle River

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!