“Has any one told Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives?”

Donnie's Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 25 Restaurants in Reedsburg
Reviewed January 21, 2012

The food was terrific and a great value. The kids (and the adults) loved the decor. But the food...the food was awesome.

2  Thank Richard S

Reviewed November 30, 2011

the place was a little dated BUT made up in the BEST food ever.

Reviewed November 25, 2011

I went here with my wife on a night that they were advertising all you can eat fish. We entered and only half the place was full but still had to wait 15 minutes to be taken to a table. Once we got a table we waited another 15 minutes for water and menus. Then another 15 minutes to be asked if we were ready to order. We asked about the all you can eat fish, how it was prepared, etc...and got a blank stare from the waitress. Who took our drink order and said she would be back. After another 15 minutes she came back, still didn't have the answer to our questions to how it was prepared (only wanted to know if it was baked or deep fried). We ordered it anyways taking a chance that it would be good. We waited 30 minutes to get our food that was just plunked down in front of us and away went the waitress. I had fries with mine and started to look around for ketchup after a few minutes a friendly person at the table next to us offered me there's. They also wished me good luck getting the waitress attention. The food itself was ok but nothing great. The fries were cold, the fish looked like it was bought prebreaded as it had a very hard crust of a batter on it. I was not terrible but not as good as a fish fry as you would expect in Wisconsin. After I finished what was on my plate my wife and I figured we might as well order a few more pieces since it was all you can eat. After several attempts to get the waitresses attention she comes by with an attitude, annoyed that we wanted more fish. Though this time it came to the table in under 10 minutes but then again the place was almost empty by that point. Overall I was rather disappointed by the whole night.

3  Thank Jason S
Reviewed October 24, 2011

the food was really good and priced well. we had a nice time and would return.