“O&H Does Danish like no other” 5 of 5 bubbles

O&H Danish Bakery
Ranked #1 of 5 Dessert in Racine
Cuisines: European, Danish
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Parking Available, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Dane
“O&H Does Danish like no other”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

If you have never had kringle or if you have had the mediocre replica of kringle from your local grocery you have got to have REAL Kringle ala O&H and you will never accept a substitute again. Whether traditional fruit or nut is your thing or the non-traditional contemporary turtle, chocolate and special flavors - you are going to love REAL kringle. Made with pounds of butter, layers and layers of thin rolled crust and delicious fillings. This is how kringle was meant to be. can be frozen and shared later. My dad always gets a dozen and hands them out as gifts, mine never last long enough to be frozen. They ship well and make wonderful gifts. The cakes and other bakery are also outstanding. My favorite is Seven Sisters - a sure hit whomever you are serving.

• Visited May 2014

Show Low, Arizona
“Kringle to die for”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

I grew up in racine and thought Kringle was part if everyone's life. Not so. It is a treat. All the flavors. My favorite is pecan and raspberry a close second When ever is come back to visit I bring them back in my luggage Also game my friend ship them in a priority box. A lot less then from the bakery.

• Visited August 2013
Racine, Wisconsin
“Cake”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2014

I usually love the products at O&H. I have gotten Kringle, cakes and various pastries from here. I am from Racine and now live in Kenosha. I ordered my sons cake from O&H only to find that it was dry and tasted as if it was old, or maybe had been baked a few days earlier. I called and spoke to the manager, she was rude RUDE! I brought the cake in and she opened the package in front of the other customers and proceeded to sample it herself. She then told me she did not agree with me and told me to take my cake. I was surprised at her attitude and informed her that I had, in fact, spoken to someone from the main bakery(Douglas Ave) who told me they would re do the cake for me but I had mistakenly called Douglas not Durand. She then reluctantly agreed to make my son a smaller cake and acted like she was doing me a grand favor. I am not sure what she thought I was trying to do. The cake had only a few pieces missing and I told her she could throw it away if she felt like it. So what kind of scam did she think I was trying? The cake was dry and no one liked it at all. It was the first bad experience and has since made me think twice about going to this bakery. She was rude and mean and ridiculous if she thought I would take the cake back after she ate from it. I did get the smaller cake and it was not decorated correctly but I took it and have stayed away since preferring to either travel from Kenosha all the way to the Douglas Ave Store or just endure the bland taste of Paiellis here in Kenosha. At least they have never treated me like this.

• Visited April 2014
4 Thank guad706
Peter O, Public Relations Manager at O&H Danish Bakery, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
We are very sorry that you had a poor experience at our Durand Avenue location with the cake that you ordered for your son. We hold high standards for excellence in customer service in our stores and with our products and are disappointed to hear that you did not experience the high standards that we expect. We would like to gather more information from you regarding this experience so we can improve our customer service experience for you and all of our customers. Please contact us at 1-877-369-3565 between 8am and 4pm CST. We would appreciate any other feedback you can provide. Once again, we apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.
Wappingers Falls, New York
“Great kringles and danishes”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2014

Whenever I head back to my hometown I always stock up on kringles (brought 8 home on the plane this time). They really do freeze well and taste almost as good after six months in the freezer as they do the day you buy one.

My kids are crazy for the almond kringle and it's hard to keep one in the house for longer than 36 hours.

During my last visit I also picked up some danishes, cinnamon rolls and a few crullers (which don't exist in NY that I've found). All were fabulous.

All the bakeries in Racine are great, but I think O&H is the best.

• Visited May 2014
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“love the kringle!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2014

This place has THE best Kringle... My fav. is almond. This is a wonderful bakery. They also offer little cakes/patries, all of which are VERY good!

• Visited April 2014