O&H Danish Bakery
Cuisines: Danish
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed May 24, 2014

I usually love the products at O&H. I have gotten Kringle, cakes and various pastries from here. I am from Racine and now live in Kenosha. I ordered my sons cake from O&H only to find that it was dry and tasted as if it was old, or maybe had been baked a few days earlier. I called and spoke to the manager, she was rude RUDE! I brought the cake in and she opened the package in front of the other customers and proceeded to sample it herself. She then told me she did not agree with me and told me to take my cake. I was surprised at her attitude and informed her that I had, in fact, spoken to someone from the main bakery(Douglas Ave) who told me they would re do the cake for me but I had mistakenly called Douglas not Durand. She then reluctantly agreed to make my son a smaller cake and acted like she was doing me a grand favor. I am not sure what she thought I was trying to do. The cake had only a few pieces missing and I told her she could throw it away if she felt like it. So what kind of scam did she think I was trying? The cake was dry and no one liked it at all. It was the first bad experience and has since made me think twice about going to this bakery. She was rude and mean and ridiculous if she thought I would take the cake back after she ate from it. I did get the smaller cake and it was not decorated correctly but I took it and have stayed away since preferring to either travel from Kenosha all the way to the Douglas Ave Store or just endure the bland taste of Paiellis here in Kenosha. At least they have never treated me like this.

4  Thank guad706
Peter O, Public Relations Manager at O&H Danish Bakery, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2014

We are very sorry that you had a poor experience at our Durand Avenue location with the cake that you ordered for your son. We hold high standards for excellence in customer service in our stores and with our products and are disappointed to hear that you did not experience the high standards that we expect. We would like to gather more information from you regarding this experience so we can improve our customer service experience for you and all of our customers. Please contact us at 1-877-369-3565 between 8am and 4pm CST. We would appreciate any other feedback you can provide. Once again, we apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

Reviewed May 22, 2014

Whenever I head back to my hometown I always stock up on kringles (brought 8 home on the plane this time). They really do freeze well and taste almost as good after six months in the freezer as they do the day you buy one.

My kids are crazy for the almond kringle and it's hard to keep one in the house for longer than 36 hours.

During my last visit I also picked up some danishes, cinnamon rolls and a few crullers (which don't exist in NY that I've found). All were fabulous.

All the bakeries in Racine are great, but I think O&H is the best.

Reviewed May 15, 2014

This place has THE best Kringle... My fav. is almond. This is a wonderful bakery. They also offer little cakes/patries, all of which are VERY good!

Reviewed April 17, 2014

Great bakery. Fresh food. Helpful staff. A whirlwind of activity takes place on Saturday mornings. They have plenty of staff on hand to help you pick out what you need. They even have samples of their creations to make it more tempting.
I ordered a cake for a baby shower and it was decorated so cute. Those who partook in the festivities commented on the good flavor.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

An amazing selection of cakes, tortes, pies, cookies, and other yummies that our guests always want to sample.