“Excellent italian cooking”

Totero's
Wisconsin
“Excellent italian cooking”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

This restaurant isn't open very often but if you do get the chance to eat here, definitely do so! This location isn't in the best neighborhood but you should have no problems. Very small & intimate setting. Good for families as well. Call to see if you can have a private dinner for a special occasion.

Visited November 2013

Waukegan, Illinois
“Benchmark of Red Sauce”
Reviewed March 19, 2014

I am a chef by trade, but more importantly, I am a lover of fantastically prepared food. I have been eating at Totero's for over 20 years and have NEVER been disappointed one time. Everyone raves over the Lasagna (and rightfully so), but what makes Angela's lasagna and all of her other fantastic meals taste so good is her "red sauce". In my opinion, she is the "benchmark" of all red sauces in America. Angela is not only a great cook, but has the biggest heart in the whole world. God sent down an angel to us and her name is Angela. Totero's is a very special place to eat and I highly recommend anyone who appreciates truly made Italian food from the heart to go there.

Respectfully,

Chef Clay
ps. My wife and I are going there today (3/19) for lunch. :-)

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank Clay E
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“My Favorite”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

I was originally taken here by some friends, about 15 years ago, and have been back many many times. This is by far the best Italian food I've eaten. Their sauce is fantastic, and the ambience is part of what makes this place a truly unique dining experience. I have taken many friends here over the years, and everyone loves it. Wish they were still open for dinner, but I continue to go down on Thursdays for spaghetti and meatballs, which is my favorite!

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Barbara K
“The best ever!!!”
Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

My first experience and wow is all I can say. Waited 20 minutes outside for a slice of heaven which is also called lasagna. From the rich sauce to the perfectly cook pasta. No wonder why they have been around since 1939. The best Italian food I have ever eaten.

1 Thank Partyof5ish
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Excellent Lasagna!”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

This wonderful little Italian Restaurant is now only open for lunch and Wednesday is Lasagna day! The lunch menu is very limited, but you will not be disappointed. You walk in and place your order at a window to the kitchen, you are handed your plate and then you find a place to eat your lunch. If you are looking for table service, this may not be your place. I try to take an occasional day off on a Wednesday just to get down to Racine to have the Lasagna. Angie, Al and the rest of the staff are super friendly and it is like visiting family. On our last visit, it was so crowded that we sat down with a table of six to eat our Lasagna. It was like eating in an Italian kitchen. We loved it! We have been visiting Toteros for more than 25 years and we wish they would reopen for dinner so that we could enjoy Angie's wonderful Ravioli once again! Thank you Totero's for so many wonderful meals!

• Visited August 2013