“Don't” 2 of 5 bubbles

Denny's
Ranked #117 of 243 Restaurants in Racine
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Racine, Wisconsin
“Don't”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014

Food was below average - greasy, burnt...just bad. The service was excellent, but you can't eat service :) We went to Ruby Tuesday today and got more healthful delicious food at less cost. Maybe Denny's could call Restaurant Impossible.

• Visited March 2014

Wahoo, Nebraska
“Dirty, Slow, AND Bad Food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013

Slow getting seated, but our waitress, Devin, seemed cheerful enough. The booth we were seated at was wiped, but not set for service. The seats had food particles and water dripped on it. Devin said she would get our place settings, but never did. She took our drink orders (milk for me, and hot cocoa for my wife), and when they came both were dripping over the sides. Devin then took our order, and when I hesitated, she started fidgeting like I was taking too long. After waiting about 30 minutes for our food to come (it wasn't that busy, maybe 3/4 full), we received food that wasn't very good. My wife's omelette was dry, her hash browns were burnt, and had no taste. My skillet was burnt, also. At least two other tables near us were also complaining amongst themselves about the service. Looking around, the blinds were very dusty, the carpet looked dirty, and the place is in disrepair. While waiting for our check at the register, Devin said she would be right back to take our money, then went and wiped down a couple of tables. There wasn't anybody waiting, so I don't know why she made us wait to pay. In the end I did something I never do...I left less than a 15% tip. 17 cents to be exact. If you red this Devin, please either care for your customers, or find a different line of work!

• Visited December 2013
Milwaukee WI area
“Decent food, but slow”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2013 via mobile

Had dinner with my daughter. The restaurant was short staffed for the number of people eating. We were seated promptly, but waited about 5 minutes to get menus and put in a drink order. Took another 10 minutes to place the order. Our food was delivered promptly and was decent.

I flagged down our server to get our bill, and again had to wait to pay. Not sure if they just had a busier night than expected or if this is "normal" for this place. I'll probably go there again, but not if I'm in a hurry.

Visited December 2013
Wisconsin
“Denny's has great food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

We went to Denny's for dinner as I had a buy one entrée, get one free. Our waitress was very friendly and accommodating. Husband had a turkey dinner with roasted potatoes and broccoli and I had a potato, sausage, vegetable skillet and our meals were delicious. Highly recommend this Denny's and we'll be going back real soon!

• Visited November 2013
Forest Hill, Maryland
“Pleasantly surprised.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

Senior egg white omelet was tremendous. Fruit was fresh. Service with a smile. Price was average, but food made it a bargain. Was this really a Dennys??? Returned several time during our week stay in Racine.

Visited June 2013

Been to Denny's? Share your experiences!