“consistent, fast, accurate and delicious”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Main Moon 2 Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #134 of 251 Restaurants in Racine
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed December 24, 2011

I've ordered pick up from this restaurant 50+ times never messed up an order and is always very good and generous with meat and vegetables. I suspect some of the negative reviews on this site are from their competitiors as everyone knows Main Moon has the best chinese food in Racine or the tri-county area for that matter.

Reviewed July 1, 2011

We've been going here for 3 years and yes service is great but food down! Everything! So we found another Chinese place just opened up and what a HUGE difference!!! We will be back to the NEW one ! Sorry guys! Main Moon 2! we give up on you! Not the same anymore! Take Care and Bye!

1  Thank Sweetslovak
Reviewed June 4, 2011

food us good most of the time. I usually get general tso's chicken and its good 4 out of 5 times. occasionally the i will get chicken thats not great and rice that is to moist. I also get sweet and sour chicken and its always good.

price is good if you get the LUNCH SPECIAL under 6 dollars for what i get. and its plenty of food.

kitchen is open so you can see what cooks are doing. food is ready in a reasonable amount of time

Reviewed February 26, 2010

Very disappointed the last few times we've ordered. Hardly any meat, one whole onion chopped up into one meal and no fresh veggies like they used to have. Ordered crab rangoon, got home, didn't receive it. Sweet sour chicken was the size of a dime, not the thick large pieces we used to get. Very dissatisfied and will not order from them again.

2  Thank venus013
Reviewed February 20, 2010

We have dined in as well as done take out many times. (Well over 25) When you "hit the jackpot" you are rewarded with an excellent meal, most times however, you receive something comparable to what is found at shopping mall fast food Chinese places. Somewhat satisfies a Chinese craving, fills you up, but thats about it. We we're ok with these two outcomes because it is the closest Chinese place to our house and only occasionally received bad food. The third possible outcome when ordering from here is the reason why they will NEVER get another dime from us: At times the food is truly terrible. We have had Sesame & General Tso's Chicken that was overcooked and 90% breading. When I complained about it the manager denied it, basically insinuating that I was lying or crazy. After cutting several pieces open in front of him, and proving that they were basically meatless he tried justifying it by explaining the cooking process. At least that's what I think he was doing, because only about every third word was comprehensible English. After several minutes of arguing, he finally replaced my meal. The bad food experiences have increased in frequency and what happened over the past couple of weeks was the last straw. About three weeks ago we ordered takeout and were told it would be ready for pick up in 30 minutes. I arrived to pick up my food at the specified time and found they were very busy, I then proceeded to stand and wait 35 MORE MINUTES to finally get my food. When my number was finally called, I retrieved my food without so much as a "sorry for the wait" or even a simple "thank you". Once at home, I found that they only included one small container of rice for three meals. When I called, they at least said they were sorry, and my options were to drive back and pick up the missing rice, or get a credit for my next order. Very hungry at this point, and not wanting to eat what would have been cold food by the time I got back, I chose option two and rationed out the little rice we were given. The meals were at least not terrible, but on the low side of mediocre. Two days ago we decided to order again, expecting to get credit for one of the meals, I was informed that my credit was only for a small container of white rice. (Wow, food cost must be at least 3 cents on that, how generous!) I made my case the my General Tso's Chicken was not nearly the same without the rice, and my expectation for the inconvenience was that I receive credit for the entire dish. The rudely stated answer was that I was given the choice to drive back and get it and I chose a credit instead. I cancelled my order, and ordered from a place on the other side of town. Our reward for the drive was much better food, hold the attitude.

2  Thank Kelglaze