“Simply wonderful”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Simply wonderful”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

My wife and i went there late, and instead of receiving the cold shoulder...we were welcomed in right away. The food was delicious and we were given table side entertainment by a mariachi's band. Blanca (the owner) personally came over to our table and made sure everything was okay. The Spanish atmosphere made me feel like i was on vacation and the personal attention i got made me feel special. I will definitely be going back!

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Shanta H

“Not great”
Reviewed September 15, 2012

As a resident of Racine, I thought we would try this place because I am all for supporting local businesses. We went on a Friday (not a first Friday) and the place was pretty much empty around 8:30. When my husband and I walked in, the bar was pretty full, and several people stared at us with a look that said "are you really going to eat here?", that should have clued us in, but we sat down anyways. The chips tasted stale and were cold, the "house special" appetizer of cheese nachos looked and tasted like they microwaved some shredded cheese over the stale chips and dumped a pile of lettuce on top. No effort, and consequently, no taste. The entrees were also quite disappointing. My rice was cold and hard and the beans had no flavor. The chimichanga tasted like chili powder, and the cheese enchiladas were bland, at best. No complaints on the drinks, we tried a strawberry margarita and a blue parrot. Besides the drinks and pretty good service, Casablanca did not have much to offer. Honestly, I have had better food at Taco Bell and didn't drop $40 for it. Will not be back again.

• Visited September 2012
“Casablanca”
Reviewed September 11, 2012

This is not a good Mexican restaurant. You do NOT put chili powder on Mexican food. You do NOT serve hot sauce out of jar. The chips were cold and even stale. You do not put cheddar cheese on Mexican food. If I wanted San Antonio I would have gone to Taco Bell. The only things Mexican were my Corona and the Aztec calendar on the wall. My daughter ordered guisado which tasted like Dinty Moore and chili powder. The service was ok however my wife was not happy with it. Chili is not Mexican. The menu was tiny. Racine, Wisconsin is not known for Mexican cuisine. Go to Chicago or Milwaukee. Avoid it unless your willing to pay $90 for a family of 5. I know what Mexico City food looks like. That's not it.

• Visited September 2012
Rushford, Minnesota
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Quaint restaurant with excellent food and service”
Reviewed April 1, 2012

Casablanca is a quaint restaurant with a very relaxing atmosphere. Our food was excellent and the fajitas were sizzling when they arrived to our table. The steak was seasoned and cooked to order. The chili and seafood enchilada were out of this world. Our waiter, Tony, was very attentive to our large group of 8. We would definitely go back the next time we are in town.

• Visited March 2012
“Great Experience”
Reviewed January 19, 2012

I stopped the other night alone for a quick dinner after working late. Since I was alone I opted to sit at the bar. I found the atmoshere to be warm and inviting, the service to be very prompt and the food was outstanding. What's more, the restaurant is actually attached to the Shoop parking ramp, allowing you minimim exposure to the cold winter winds. What more could one ask for?

Visited January 2012