“No way!”

Cuisines: Chinese
Wisconsin
“No way!”
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Bad food, how are they still open? Worst Chinese I have had. Low Mein was no good, along with chicken-broccoli. Never see any people there either. Will not go back here.

• Visited April 2012

Racine, Wisconsin
“Food”
Reviewed June 22, 2012

Great food. Has been around Racine a long time. Fast service. Clean. reasonable.

Visited December 2011
Chicago
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“" Think Waterboarding is cruel and unusual? Eat here.”
Reviewed April 18, 2012

After several pleasant Pizza and Italian resturant experiences in the Racine area, I decided to give Chinese a try. My girl who grew up in Racine said this place used to be good but she had not eaten there in several years. I don't mind a well-worn "earthy" joint but this place could be used to film a powerwashing commercial. We ordered the Dumplings (pot sickers), they were edible but the meat in them tasted "old", and the sauce was watered down soy sauce. The mu shu pork would drive any self-respecting Chinese family to White Castle. I was a bad pork chop suey soaked in soy sauce with pancakes but no plum sauce. I asked for plum sauce and got some. My girl got sick from the pork and it wasn't from MSG. She had the sweet and sour chicken which was all sweet and no sour. I will say the tea was good.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank bill172
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The food made me sick”
Reviewed August 10, 2011

The first thing you notice when you go into this restaurant is that it is really dirty. They have a broken mouldy water fountain in the middle and the table was sticky and smelled off. I decided to stay regardless just to see how the food measured up. I ordered the orange chicken since it is a favorite of mine. When it came out out was this pile of orange goop with fried rice and a giant
eggroll. When I tried the chicken it was bland and smothered in a flavorless orange colored pudding-like muck. It was horrible! The eggroll was not too bad and I was able to stomach a few bites of the fried rice which was crusty like it had been made earlier and had been sitting under a heat lamp for hours.
I left refusing to take home any leftovers. The whole rest of the day my stomach felt slightly nauteous and I felt like I'd come down with something.
I will never again visit this restaurant and would not reccomend it to anyone.
Save yourself the trouble and go to main moon instead.

1 Thank Ladyracine
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“It's very sad”
Reviewed August 20, 2010

I have been going to Whey Chai for at least 20 years. Over the past couple of years or so, we have been so disappointed in the quality of the food it's quite sad.

The meat is often way overcooked, fatty, everything has a heavy brown sauce, tastless and unappealing. I don't know what happened there. My family used to enjoy dining there but the only thing we go for now is the egg rolls; I think they're the best around, love them.

Otherwise I get all of my Chinese food at the China House on Durand, it's always fresh and I can't believe how fast they get a large order done. They have excellent and inexpensive hot and sour soup and we have never been disappointed in anything we've eaten there.

Sorry, Whey Chai, I got tired of paying for really really bad food.