“Very, Very pleased!!!”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Racine, WI
“Very, Very pleased!!!”
Reviewed May 23, 2008

What ever others say about Salute Italian Restaurant is false!!!
I am very pleased with the service and selection of authentic
Italian Cuisine available!!! The restaurant does get crowded
at times but that is why you should make reservations, or try going a little earlier.

The owners try to make all customers happy, and if you are not
satisfied they will try their best to get you what you want.

The desserts are excellent, and all home made. I will definetly come back again. And the alfredo sauce is to die for!!! I can eat it like a soup it is so GOOD!!!!!

1 Thank tydonthil62

Racine
“One memorable night.........”
Reviewed December 5, 2007

It was a busy weekend and we were out in downtown for a stroll, We decided to try Salutes after walking by a few other resturaunts. I would recommend a reservation for immediate seating, however after almost a drink at the bar the table was ready. The people all seemed tobe enjoying theirselves and I now know why. Good vino! Good food! Good desserts! and hey it's tradition - SAMBVCA-- over all my husband and I had a truly memorable night in downtown Racine enjoying each others company, and the upbeat atmosphere of Salutes was a joy in anyones laid back life.

Milwaukee
“Worst experience in quite a while.”
Reviewed November 26, 2007

This was a recommendation from one of the local merchants, and all around, one of the worst dining experiences we have had in a while. We ate there for lunch, and service is painfully slow and absent minded. During our lunch, a diner from across the restaurant apparently did not want to disturb his table with his cell phone conversation, so he came closer to our table to blab on and on. Then came the nondescript salad (iceberg), which was followed by one of the lamest pizzas ever. The crust has the flavor and consistency of baked saltine crackers, the sauce was dried on, and the toppings meager. I asked for anchovies on half, and what we got was half the amount of anchovies over the whole pizza. I finally had to go to the bar and ask for a go box, and the bill.

1 Thank TerrenceDean
Wisconsin
“Bad service worse food”
Reviewed October 28, 2007

I had to explain to the waitress what the Peligrino water bottle looked like so she could bring it to us.

When I asked what the antipasto was she said "Some kind of meat and cheese".

My Gnocchi Carbonara was soupy Alfredo sauce with some ham thrown over it.

When I ordered the gnocci the waitress corrected my pronunciation, apparently the "g" is a hard "g" in Racine.

This place is a sham and anyone that enjoys it has obviously never eaten real Italian cuisine.

4 Thank ChefSchwah
A TripAdvisor Member
“you either love it or you hate it”
Reviewed June 4, 2006

as i see it, its either a real simple night, or an extreme night. I dont blame the hurry in our waitress on a weekend, because i'm sure she has 11 other tables. even with the rush the food still seemed unbelievable. Its one of those resturants that you have your "regulars" and those who seem very disappointed. I always find it as a treat to come and eat at this fine italian resturante.

Been to Salute Italian Restaurant? Share your experiences!