“Menu needs updating and improving”

Salute Italian Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 251 Restaurants in Racine
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Ate here in May 2013. Menu was like an Italian restaurant from the 70's and 80's. It needs updating and the Quality improving. The best aspect of this restaurant is the Mamma who goes to each of the diners and engages them in conversation. She is very passionate about Italy (who isn't and who doesn't like Italian food? - no one). However what is on the plate doesn't represent her and Italy well enough. I suggest she goes back to Calabria with the family for a vacation, and sees the fantastic food now being served in that part of the world. They can then come back and update their restaurant. It would not take too much to make this the best place in town and they would be full every night. I hope they do it as these people deserve success. L

Reviewed May 2, 2013

I hate to give this place a bad review and I hope they read this and get their act together. I have been to Salute many times and I recommend going during the week only when the long time servers are there. I have been twice in the few months on a Friday and the service was awful! The last time being so bad we left - I have never done that ever. The last visit at Salute was on Friday in early April we were seated and the place was not that busy. We waited about 10 minutes prior to the waitress coming over and asking How You's doing? Then taking our drink order and appetizer order. 10 minutes later the drinks arrived and after 20 minutes our appetizer arrived and it was cold. The waitress had spent about 10 minutes visiting with another table and I am sure left our appetizer sitting. I asked for the check paid for our drinks and we left. Please Salute get it right on the weekends or you are going to lose business. You have a great spot, good food, great prices but service is the key to it all.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Salute's is not as good as Totero's, but it is the next best thing in town for Italian food. We frequent it periodically and are never disappointed. It's a busy place so there may be a wait - our service has always been good. I would recommend Salute's for a Italian dinner out.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Had a great business lunch here. Plenty of seating, nice selection of options on the lunch menu, and good service. I had the tilapia, which was very well cooked. A nice atmosphere, but I could see the dining room being a little loud if it was full.

Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

We came here for "Our Early Anniversary Dinner"! Let me tell you!! It was fantastic!! We were so stuffed! Had homemade pasta and ravioli. Excellent! Dessert fresh and so good! Great Service!!- our favorite and friend- Azelea!! We just LOVE coming here! It was quiet tonight for Monday. (03/18/13).
But please come in and be a part of the Family!! Salute!! Love you all! Thanks for great food and making us feel like family!
See you all soon!!