“Great Pizza Here! Don't worry about the neighborhood!”

Wells Brothers Italian Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 252 Restaurants in Racine
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Wells has the best crust around, and knows how to cook a pizza right. That meaning they have a crust that lends itself well to being cooked to the point that it is slightly burnt at the edges and very crunchy. If you like a pizza that is less cooked, let them know. I'm sure they will make it how you like it. I ask for it extra well done. I love thier garlic cheese bread, it is great! My friends I have brought love many of thier pasta dishes. It is relatively cheap given the quality, and is always quick if you order carry out. If you plan to dine there, it should be immediate seating at off times, but make a reservation at dinner time or on Saturdays. I believe most of the people working carry out and seating people are family, and they are all very friendly to me. People complain about the neighborhood around here..... To be honest, it not great, but the locals seem to respect this place. And not to mention police or other security are around most of the time. I pick up food on a regular basis in my Corvette and never bothered putting the top on when I go in, and have never had a problem. I have gone to the mexican grocery store accross the street more than once while waiting to buy soda or whatnot, and they are very friendly people too. Don't worry about it......

Reviewed January 29, 2013

Don't let the neighborhood scare you away because we are talking Racine here and really pretty much any area of the city would be considered a bad area.. so... GO have a pizza, overlook the decor and the neighborhood and you too will say that this is Racine's best pizza.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

Fantastic and award winning pizza, great service and a full menu. This is the place my guests want to go every time they come to town. A must visit restaurant.

Reviewed December 8, 2012

This is a Racine Classic. I go at lunch time as the neighborhood seems a bit rough. The pizza has a thin, crispy, cracker-like crust; it is wonderful if you like thin crust. I also like the meatball bomber. family members like the Ruben.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

Just really good homestyle Italian cooking - pizza is just awesome. Neighborhood is kinda scary, but try not to think about it.