“A pleasant surprise - very nice place”
Review of Summit Restaurant

Summit Restaurant
Ranked #46 of 244 Restaurants in Racine
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Delphi
“A pleasant surprise - very nice place”
Reviewed November 17, 2013

We were in Racine for two days and searched for a "nice" restaurant - stopped at several restaurants and either did not like their menus or were ignored by the staff. We stopped at the Summit and experienced an attentive server and excellent meal. Server was knowledgeable about the menu and made good suggestions for our meal. The beers on tap were super. We would definitely go back next time we are in Racine.

• Visited November 2013
SummitRestaurant, General Manager at Summit Restaurant, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Hello. Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review. It really means a lot to us. Glad you had a pleasant experience. That's what we care most about. Good food, Good service. You take care. Come back and see us next time your in town! Thank You. Regards, Brian.

Wisconsin, United States
“False Advertising”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

On Halloween night, the Summit bar had "$100 for best costume" lettered onto their front sign, so my girlfriend and I stopped in for a drink. Our costumes rocked, so everyone said. Nobody else was dressed up, except for the bartender who was dracula and a decent, friendly bartender. We danced, sang karaoke, and were by far the best dressed and biggest contributors to the fun factor that night. After midnight, when we decided to leave and asked about the prize, but the keyboard player/manager said that he was deciding not to give it out that night. Really? Didn't you learn in kindergarten that you can't change the rules mid-game? He said that we should return the following night, bring more friends, and try again. We had fun with the other customers, but will not return to Summit and the manager/keyboard player's duplicitous ways.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank GypsyBee
SummitRestaurant, Manager at Summit Restaurant, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Hello. Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We appreciate your feedback. There was a contest winner that evening and they were given the gift certificate. The "best" costume is all a matter of opinion. We all had fun and thank you for coming. We hope you do come back. Our winners were posted on our facebook page 5 days ago.
Racine, Wisconsin
“Good food, questionable management”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

My first visit to the Summit was meet with mixed reviews. I arrived about 7pm and there was no host at the door. I escorted myself to the bar. The bartender Chuck was very nice and greeted me right away. It was Halloween so staff was dressed up and there were nice decorations. One of the serves was drinking a martini at the corner of the bar while she was working and explaining the specials. There were about 6 people at the bar with one of the patrons being a staff members boyfriend/husband. The same server who was drinking was also taking bites of her boyfriends hamburger and drinking his beer. I found this very innapropriate and mentioned something to the bartender. He explained that the drink was paid for. I later find out that the General Manager, Brian, was there in the bar seeing this happen as he was playing the keyboard. I had heard that this was such an upscale restaurant and I was not impressed by my experience. To be fair, the meal was very good and the bartender hand stuffed blue cheese olives for my drink and the filet special was delicious. I don't think that I would return and I have shared my experience with several people.

• Visited October 2013
SummitRestaurant, Manager at Summit Restaurant, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Hello. Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback and concerns. My name is Brian and I am the General Manager here. Were you here on a Thursday? Was it Halloween night? If so it was an extremely slow evening in the restaurant. He sat a total of 4 people in our dining room all evening long. It was the slowest day we've had in a long time. I do my best with everything I have to take care of here and try to be up front as much as I can. But I do have a ton of other responsibility so when I need to take care other business, I am away from the door for a short while at times. But I always go back to check from time to time. It all depends on business. When we are busy I make it a point to stay by the door. I am the General Manager, The Host, The Banquet Coordinator, I help everyone out in the building, and I am a working musician as well. The bartenders serve the customers in the bar drinks and food. The servers handle the customers in the dining room. The server was explaining the specials to you because she was trying to be friendly and helpful. She was at the bar with her boyfriend and off the clock. Her name is Becky and she has been year for years. Sorry if she offended you in any way. It certainly wasn't her intent. Sorry if you didn't enjoy the music or felt anything was inappropriate. We are looking to build upon the live entertainment as we are finding many people are looking for a destination place in Racine to go to. We are striving to become that place. We hope you come back. Thank You. I'll even introduce myself to you next time you're in if you so choose to do. Thank You. Kindest Regards, Brian.
Racine, Wisconsin
“Great Local Gem”
Reviewed October 20, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

In an area with few really good restaurants the Summit stands out. We are frequent diners. The staff is attentive and the food is great!

Visited August 2013
SummitRestaurant, Manager at Summit Restaurant, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Thank you. We really appreciate all of our guests and its great to hear your regulars. Next time your in let me know and I'll come over and personally thank you for taking the time to post this review. I'll also comp you a cocktail or an appetizer on us. Hope to see you soon.

Kindest Regards,
Brian
Springfield, Illinois
“A Very Pleasant Surprise”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

On a bus tour, this was a suggested stop. Thought it might be a step above a greasy spoon. Surprisingly sophisticated appetizer, salad, and salmon entree. Friendly, prompt service, and reasonably priced. I will come back next time I'm in Racine.

• Visited October 2013
SummitRestaurant, Manager at Summit Restaurant, responded to this review, October 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post an online review on our behalf. We're happy to hear you had a good experience. That is what we strive for with each and every guest. We try to go the extra mile. We realize all the little things make a difference and so that is what we try to do. Thanks again. It was a pleasure having you guys. Hope to see you soon.