“Decent if your standards aren't sky high.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Chancery Pub & Restaurant - CLOSED

Chancery Pub & Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Mexican, Southwestern, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Scenic view, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Grayslake, Illinois
“Decent if your standards aren't sky high.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

We expected a hotel restaurant and that was what we got. Our server was kind and attentive even at lunch with a few large groups and our 4. The rueben was wonderful.

Racine, Wisconsin
“Poor choice by corporate....”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2014

I love love love The Chancery but after this recent menu change that has changed dramatically! I have been to the Chancery perhaps 100 times and have always been pretty much satisfied with the visit. This new menu though is TERRIBLE! it is one large page of not a lot.....then you now have to pay for sides??? If you just order the item a la carte, it just comes with a super super tiny portion of Asian slaw.....I ordered the Reuben for $9 and spent the extra $2 on some fries....a friend of mine ordered fries with their meal also and when the food came they got noticeably more fries! Now this might be fine if the fries were included but since I spent extra money I expect the same portion of fries. We were told that they are going with a more "fresh" and "healthy" approach....I wish they would have stuck with the maybe some frozen and some not so healthy menu....too bad! Oh yeah, the appetizers are now called "shareables" or something like that? HA!

4 Thank Joe K
Racine, Wisconsin
“Very Disappointing. Will not go back!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014

Recently I went for lunch at the Racine Chancery (at the Raddison in the harbor area). I frequented often with guests all over the U.S. Sharing the atmosphere, scenery and great food was always special. This time the menu had changed so much that we had difficulty finding something and we weren't happy with the selection(s). Why would you change the menu so drastically (offering much less to choose from), and eliminate many of the favorites. We were told it was a corporate decision. The waitress kept saying the same thing over and over. I absolutely loved Chancery but willl have to choose another location to take my out of town guests, unless something drastically changes.

A very unhappy frequent visitor!

4 Thank Mercedes20092014
“Disappointing and unacceptable”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

Haven't visited in a while. Decided on Father's Day to take the family out to dinner on the lakefront. The waitress who was new was ver unfriendly. Never introduced herself, never smiled, messed up at least two orders that I wondered if she could read her own handwriting. Did not apologize for the error. Never checked in on is until it was time got the bill. Never thanked us for coming. She did not seem to know what she was doing. The service was way below standard. The stir fry was dry and seamed prrpackaged and microwaved. The vegetable soup was very good. The overall menu which was revamped in 2014 was scant. No steak on the menu. Very small portion of tilapia. Won't be back.

3 Thank Yvette S
San Francisco, California
“Good Location, So So Food and Service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2014

Lovely location overlooking the marina in Rancine, WI...however food and service were not up to par. We expected our appetizer (soup) to be served first, but it was brought out with my Gorgonzola cheeseburger; there were far too many large plates in front of us at one time. I combined everything onto one plate (very doable) and stacked the second plate under the first to give us some more room.
Although the signature beer and cheese soup was bland but still OK, it was served cool to lukewarm. The Gorgonzola cheeseburger had NO flavor; not enough cheese, no seasoning on the meat. No condiments on the table except salt and pepper. When the waitress dropped off the food she asked if she could get us anything else. I told her not at this time since I hadn't tasted the food. I erroneously assumed since there were no condiments on the table the cheeseburger was dressed with some type of dressing. There was no sauce of any kind on the cheeseburger. The waitress never did come back until it was time for the bill. Never got a refill on my beverage even though I would have wanted one. If it wasn't for the lovely company we shared the table with, the meal would really have been a flop.

5 Thank Captain J