“Great addition to Racine!”

Vero International Cuisine
Ranked #23 of 251 Restaurants in Racine
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 8, 2013

My Wife and I frequent this restaurant a couple times a month. The food and the staff are wonderful. We were there this last Friday. I had a dish that I was afraid to try called spinach with palm oil, but to my surprise it was amazing. My Wife had the snapper and just loved it. What a wonderful meal. When we don't have the kids we like to come to this place and enjoy the atmosphere, the wine and the food. I recommend this restaurant to anyone that loves a meal you just don't cook at home.

2  Thank Bill J

Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

Oveeall, I loved my experience here. I went late March for my birthday with my husband and instantly. loved the modern yet warm dining space. The staff are welcoming and personable, yet professional.

The good:
Staff
Menu variety and flavors

Areas of opportunity:
Execution of food

Ovetall the food was tasty and reasonably priced. We had the jerk wings and waited quite a while for good flavored wings with little meat. Disappponting but tasty. Entrees are served with soup or salad, both of which were really good. The nread and flavored butter came out really late into our appetizers - execution problem #2. Entrees were tasty (oxtail and duck) but the oxtaol was not braised long enough and tough to eat in a public setting. If it werent for the small but noticable errors i would have raved about my experience.

Overall the flavors were excellent, as was service and atmosphere. Worth going back to or trying for the first time.

1  Thank April J
Reviewed April 13, 2013

As you walk up to Vero, you notice that space has been made for outdoor seating which is becoming more and more popular now in Racine. This space overlooks some of Monument Square too!

Upon entering , we were greeted by a friendly hostess and an acknowledging bartender. The bar is beautiful! Sparkling stones embedded on the top with amazing lighting through it really popped the area along with the natural brick walls. As we were admiring the transformation of this place, once a wine store, we were asked if we would like to see the upstairs which we did. It is a nice space with a granite bar and tables which we were informed is available for private parties also. On this floor you will also gain access to what will become the outdoor roof deck!

The main dinning room is a special place! Once again, the brick walls continue and your eye follows to the back wall in which a unique fire feature is framed by a copper and steel design. You feel the warm and intimate setting and just know what awaits you will be amazing! It was.

Our waiter, C.J., made us feel like we were the only ones he was serving! He was friendly, knowledgeable and attentive without being intrusive. The kind of service you would see in a quality restaurant in Chicago! The meal started out with 2 tiny rolls which were warm and nicely served with a cherry butter. This seemed to tempt you of what was to come! My bowl of Jamaican potato soup arrived with little crispy chip-like crackers on the side. It was creamy, had melted cheese, a blend of spices which kept me guessing and topped with a little crispy bacon. I have never tasted anything quite like this but wanted to again and again! The serving bowl was uniquely shaped in a modern design! My husband's Tuscan salad, which is the "house" salad, had a nice blend of delicate greens, sprinkles of feta or goat cheese and caramelized pecans in a balsamic dressing. He enjoyed it! Soup or a salad is included in your meal. My entrée was Chicken Curry. It was marinated in curry and sautéed with a coconut sauce (if you're not fond of curry, you may still enjoy this one!) It was incredible and served with Jasmine rice and tender, small carrots with the tops on....I especially like those! Hubby really enjoyed the Turkish lamb chops along with grilled vegetables. They have a nice wine selection, tab beers and bottled along with a specialty martini list. We split the chef's awesome mango cheese cake. It was light and fluffy and creamy, not heavy.

The menu is not a large one but a quality one with unique items that are reasonably priced. We highly recommend Vero's. It is a great place to stop even for drinks and appetizers which are unique also!

2  Thank panielsen
Reviewed February 8, 2013

From the minute we walked into Vero we felt like we were not in Racine. The decor is modern, fresh, warm & cozy.
The drink menu is fun with interesting cocktails & martinis. Very nice wine list. Our server,Brandon, was pleasant and attentive. The menu had lots of very interesting choices. Three of us had the lamb chops. We agreed they were the best we have ever had at a restaurant. Two had the duck and said it was great. One had the chicken and enjoyed it. Entrees come with soup or salad. Both were delicious.
Brandon gave us a tour of the upstairs and told us of the plan for roof top dining in summer.
We felt like were in Chicago or Milwaukee the whole time we were there. Definitely a step above any Racine restaurant.
We loved it and will be back!!!

4  Thank janetalthea
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Dropped in for a drink last week to check out the place. They have done a wonderful job of renovating what has always been an interesting building. We ended up staying to eat and we were pleased with the food and service. This is certainly a place you'll want to check out.

1  Thank Robert H