“Wonderful and relaxing”

Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Racine
Chicago,IL windycity
“Wonderful and relaxing”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

I was reluctant when I read some of the reviews and as I worked at a five star hotel it would seemed to me that this would not be a first choice for me, however upon arriving, checking in fast and easy. I arrived to my room, it was small but accommodating. The room was very clean and fresh smelling.The bed was comfortable, pillows could have been a little more firmer nevertheless they was tolerable. I wasn't expecting a hot breakfast for the price I paid but it was a kick start, cereal juice, toast, bagels, muffins, donuts and coffee. The employees were always cleaning. If I wanted luxury I would have chosen a luxury hotel and paid the paid but I needed something that was close to where I needed to be. I even booked an extra night. I hotel was very quiet. Whenever I need to be close to this area I will always book here. I had a chance to talked to two of the housekeepers (very friendly). I had to compliment them because it is so easy to complain but the hardest thing for people to do is compliment people.

Room Tip: If the continental breakfast isn't enough there is a Ihop within walking distance.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank CHELLEBEREEL
Jafar_Saiyed1, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn / Racine, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Thank you so much for the positive feedback. It is wonderful that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Racine, Wisconsin
Reviewed March 28, 2014

My stay here was horrible room was dirty bed was dirty with stains, bathroom was filthy with urine and drugs from whoever stayed there before us. Housekeeping was nice she came and semi cleaned the bathroom and apologized for it being disgusting. The manager however was very rude he called me a liar and was extremely rude. I asked for my money back he offered me 4.20. I was extremely offended by this although that is all the room was worth. He was unwilling to compensate me for the horrible uncomfortable stay I had and it was terrible outside which was the only reason I stayed at 2:00 in the morning. I would never ever stay there again and if I was undercover boss I would shut this nasty place down and never let this man run an establishment in my name. I guess u get what u pay for so I will spend the money to stay somewhere else.

• Stayed December 2013
3 Thank ttrey
The extremity of the situation mentioned and the complaint mentioned doesn't always guarantee a refund when the purpose of staying at the hotel is for free. In short, the police had to escort you out of the hotel due to the uncivilized actions made.
Wahoo, Nebraska
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Nothing special, the desk clerk says it has never been remodeled. Fairly clean, except for the bathroom wall behind the door had cobwebs and hair from previous guests. Complained to the desk clerk, and she was extremely apologetic. It was cleaned up, but not spotless. Continental breakfast was boring, no eggs. Ate out after the first morning. Price was very good.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Jafar_Saiyed1, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn / Racine, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
I apologize for any incidences that happened during your stay. I am glad that my front desk staff was helpful in dealing with any problems. I will look into this further and appreciate your time in filling out this survey. We hope to see you again in the future.
Mandan, North Dakota
Reviewed September 15, 2013

The rooms are small but comfortable and clean. Friendly and helpful house keeping and desk staff. Walls are thin and could hear what was on TV in next room. Located near a mall, numerous restaurants and gas stations and 10 minutes from shore of Lake Michigan. TVs' are definitely outdated but functional. Could use new adjustable shower heads. Is probably the best budget hotel in area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Jafar_Saiyed1, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn / Racine, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Thank you for choosing us for your lodging needs! We hope you will stay with us next time you are in the Racine area.
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed August 11, 2013

I stayed here two nights. It's great for a budget traveler, which is what I am :) The carpets and walls were dirty though. Plus I could hear my neighbors go in and out of the rooms at all hours, so I didn't get the best night's sleep. But that's what you get for a budget hotel generally. The location is across the street from a mall and several restaurants which is very convenient.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank pangelicus
Jafar_Saiyed1, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn / Racine, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We try to keep our facility as clean as possible and appreciate the feedback. It's necessary in maintaining our rooms. Thank you for choosing America's Best Value Inn and we hope to see you again in the future!
Michigan
Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for one night while visiting family in the area. We thought this would be a good choice based on good recent reviews, low price, and free continental breakfast. Upon entering the hotel we entered a clean lobby area and waited at the front desk for a couple minutes for the attendant. She was very friendly and quick. Our room was a small one queen bed room, which could have been cleaner. There were a couple long hairs on the sheet of the bed, but we were so tired from driving we decided to just sleep on top of the covers. The bed was comfortable enough. There were black scuff marks all up and down the wall next to the bed. The bathroom was clean, just needed updating. Breakfast included bagels, oatmeal, cereal, and breakfast pastries. The service was good, however, in the future we would pay a little more for a cleaner room.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank MemberP
Jafar_Saiyed1, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn / Racine, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to fill out this survey and I appreciate your kind words and will look into what needs to be improved. Feedback such as this is important so we can keep our hotel at the standard we expect. I hope you will choose to stay with us again in the future.
Plano, Texas, United States
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Well, the facility was nice and provided the extra pillows I requested. The desk personnel took care of my wine in the refrigerator going above and beyond the call of duty. I hope they will upgrade the TV's to flat screens in the near future. The tube TV's are archaic. Housekeeping was excellent. Only hiccup was the Kleenex box went empty. Oooops!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Jafar_Saiyed1, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn / Racine, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
I'm glad we were able to assist you with your needs during your recent stay with us! Our TV's are on the older side and hopefully we will be able to do some upgrading in the future. We hope you will stay with us again if you are in the area!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Racine
Comfort Inn Racine
Racine Architect Hotel & Conference Center
Days Inn Racine/Sturtevant
Days Inn Racine/Sturtevant
#2 of 4 in Sturtevant
Holiday Inn Express Racine (I-94 @ Exit 333)

Been to Americas Best Value Inn / Racine? Share your experiences!