“Non smoking..Not enforced.”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Racine
Riverside Inn Racine
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Racine
Dallas, Texas
“Non smoking..Not enforced.”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

This was at one time and could be again, a great place! Most of the rooms open to the hall and the outside. Problem is, people smoke right out side the doors, and some even left the doors to the halls open, so the smoke went through the entire hall and other rooms. I wondered why the staff never said anything to them. Most non smoking places have you sign an agreement if the room smells like smoke, you will get a $300.00 fine. Guess they are loose with the Non Smoking. Room was pretty clean, quiet and comfortable. The pool near the River looks like it has been dry for years!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank robert S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed October 17, 2012

We visited Racine for a family wedding and chose this hotel for it's great location. We stayed for a week after being given a very reasonable rate. We had our little dog with us, and they are pet friendly which was great. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. We were very pleasantly surprised to have snacks and bottled water provided in our room. It has a refrigerator and microwave so that was nice too. The room was clean. The beds were comfortable and we were given housekeeping services each day. We loved the grounds as a beautiful river flows past the hotel. The hotel is being renovated but that did not disturb us at all. We plan to stay again when we return to town.

Room Tip: We enjoyed having an outside entrance door that was convenient to parking. We also had an interior...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Sweetshot
LaPorte, Indiana
Reviewed July 30, 2012

My sister and I were on a random roadtrip to spend the weekend in Wisconsin. Needless to say all the hotels were booked due to Iron Woman being in town. I called the Riverside Inn and the lady told me $129 a night. I told her that was to expensive. Then she told me that she would work with me on the price and baragained with me on the phone. I should have known something was up. Well, we got to the hotel and right off the bat I knew I should have never walked in. I checked in and my sister and I gathered everything out of my car and walked to our room. We walked in and saw a door that was leading to the parking lot inside our room. My sister walked over and the door didn't even lock! The deadbolt kept twisting around in circles. She opened the door with the latch latched and it opened up far enough for someone to wiggle in. I didn't even want to lay our pillow on the bed!!!! I lifted up the covers on the corner of the bed and foudn that the blankets were ripped.

We grabbed our stuff and went to the front desk and demanded a refund. The lady said that we will be refunded on Monday when the Account Manager is in. All she did is write Void on my charge slip.

I called this morning and the Account Manager is on vacation this week.

THIS HOTEL IS SCARY and DANGEROUS! I advise that no one should sleep here!!!!! I wouldn't pay $20 to sleep here.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank Michelle M
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed July 27, 2012

We stayed here on our way home for a cheap, but nice looking from their website, hotel. Pulled in, and got an early check in (which is the only thing good I can say about the place...) We were torwards the middle in the back of the hotel with a pool and river view.

Went to the door with key card access to get in close to our room and the key card access was broken, anyone could walk in anytime. Got to our room and found the front of the refrigerator propped up. The hallways smelled like smoke.

Lounge was opening at 2 pm daily, according to the sign posted outside and in the lobby. So, we walked down to check it out. It was totally deserted, not open, and had a do not enter sign on the door. The heated outdoor pool sounded like a great idea as well. It was empty. There was a huge tree branch laying on top of the chairs around the pool.

We wanted to have dinner at the restaurant adjoining the hotel. They even left us a menu on the Riverside's paper with phone numbers for the lounge and restaurant and other local things of interest. I walked down to check that out also and found it was blocked off completely. My husband called the front desk to ask about restaurant hours and such. When he called the front desk to ask, the woman said "there's no restaurant here" and hung up on him.

We actually woke up at 3 am to get out of there rather than staying for breakfast! Do not stay at this hotel, it is very run down, and doesn't feel at all secure. The hotel staff (other than the woman who checked us out at 3 am) was rude. I actually had to double check the website they have to be sure I wasn't crazy enough to book something this horrible and it sure looked better online than in person. Please pay a little more for a better place to stay!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Jessica R
Evanston, IL
Reviewed June 9, 2012

We spent only 3 hours in this hotel in order to catch some sleep while doing the Ragnar relay overnight race. Most of the problems didn't really matter since we just wanted to shower and sleep.

Here is what our room looked like:

- no hot water in shower. The fixture was broken
- toilet needed to be flushed several times
- one electrical outlet in entire room
- all rooms smelled like smoke
- towels smelled like smoke
- rooms were pretty dirty, I was afraid to walk barefoot on the 40-year old carpet

In short, the worst place I have stayed in in a long time.

• Stayed June 2012
4 Thank IJFK
Racine, Wisconsin
Reviewed June 1, 2012

My family and I decided to move to Wisconsin from Colorado and needed an extended stay hotel with a kitchenette and we searched several sites which were too expensive. So I looked at Craigslist to see if I could find anything better and I did. I saw a weekly add for a hotel in Racine and called them and they were very friendly and helpful. We negotiated a great monthly rate and when we arrived we were greated like family. The room was very clean and it felt like home. We were impressed that we had a full kitchen and 2 beds, which we had requested. The hotel also has a laundry room and we recieved maid service every week! Wow We even have a great view of the Root river, which has great fishing. The hotel is older and going through a major face lift, so if you can get past a little construction, it is a very nice place to stay. P.S. PET FRIENDLY!!!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Stacie G
Racine, Wisconsin
Reviewed May 11, 2012

We hosted a Family Reunion a few years ago and selected this Motel. This was a terrible choice. Rooms were dirty and water leaking everywhere. The pool was full of debris and dirty. This was the middle of June and the pool was supposed to be up and running.....NOT. Plus the banquet room air conditioning was not working or so we were told. But, found out thru restaurant owner that catered our buffet (which was great food) that he and the motel owner was not on good terms and the motel owner was turning the A/C off. We just about cooked to death, as we had over 100 people. Never again at this motel or would reccomend it to anyone.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank ChristineSteffen
Also consider these accommodations in or near Racine
Comfort Inn Racine
Americas Best Value Inn / Racine
Days Inn Racine/Sturtevant
Days Inn Racine/Sturtevant
#2 of 4 in Sturtevant
Holiday Inn Express Racine (I-94 @ Exit 333)

Been to Riverside Inn Racine? Share your experiences!